Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Fire North of the McDowells

Sorry for the sideways pictures...

looks like it started somewhere where the pavement ends on seven springs road...Has already burned over the top of Kentuck mt and looks like it’s real close to the horseshoe lake rd maybe already past...unbelievable how’s fast it’s going

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Local TV Channel showed it for about 15 seconds and said no structures were in danger but there was a house burning in the video. LOL

Tired of  the damned forest service just letting fires burn.

Homes were lost, people evacuated. 

Lake access closed etc. 

They need to get head out of ace and try putting them out quicker.

Homes by sears ranch were not in the direct path at first but while copters were  flying past them working other Hot spots . It spread in different directions. These homes shoulda been a priority.  No attempt was made to save them !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Tired of  the damned forest service just letting fires burn.

Homes were lost, people evacuated. 

Lake access closed etc. 

They need to get head out of ace and try putting them out quicker.

Homes by sears ranch were not in the direct path at first but while copters were  flying past them working other Hot spots . It spread in different directions. These homes shoulda been a priority.  No attempt was made to save them !

Perhaps you know more than me....but disagree with your no attempt comment...I took this video At 2:52 pm on Friday go to inciweb and see what time they arrived on scene ...there were also two helicopters with buckets flying til dark on Friday 

fire moved so fast on Friday it was scary...

• Like 2

I talked to the guy who's home torched. He said no atempt was made to save the structure!  Helicopters flew right over and kept  goin.

Just what I was told !!!

Your video  looks to be the west side of Kentucky.  They are trying l save power lines and those homes on thecreek.  I'm talking home right at sears ranch.  Off the  1085 rd.