Boarman03

Walmart is (NOT) getting out of the gun business?

FYI - Walmart has started eliminating guns from select stores. I found out too late about Lower Buckeye and 75th Avenue and barely caught the coattails of 56th Avenue and Northern.

Keep your eyes open. When they made the decision all guns were 50% off. CCW makes the transactions much smoother.

I got a few screaming deals.

Sorry gauchoand. It's all coming to an end for everyone.

Edited by Boarman03
Correction to status by adding NOT
  • Like 1

What makes you think they’re getting out of the gun business? I’ve talked to a few managers about it and all they’ve said is they’re getting rid of old stock(savage axis and Remington 770 for example) and starting to carry axis 2, CVA and others with newer designs. 

3 hours ago, matt said:

What makes you think they’re getting out of the gun business? I’ve talked to a few managers about it and all they’ve said is they’re getting rid of old stock(savage axis and Remington 770 for example) and starting to carry axis 2, CVA and others with newer designs. 

This was a complete gun liquidation at these stores. Remodel eliminating gun counters to occur in the next few months.

This post is in campfire as well.

That’s crazy since they just brought in all the CVA stuff. They’re going to lose their butt on them(not that they will notice). 

It could also just be a few stores that don’t sell enough guns. They did that with archery sections many years ago. Now only a handful have it. 

1 hour ago, matt said:

It could also just be a few stores that don’t sell enough guns. They did that with archery sections many years ago. Now only a handful have it. 

From the map across the nation it appears to be stores in not so great areas. Walmart did this years ago and then brought them back. Everyone always has a "source" but the same managers said it was just their stores and they didn't even know about it. Also since when did an hourly employees or department manager get inside information on company trade secrets or roadmaps. If you want to say Walmart(s) or select stores are selling guns for 50% off great but don't pander to the world in a public forum rumors that cause any more hysteria. I know for a fact that the two stores in the valley clearing out did not receive gun shipments for a while. They got in very few new ones such as the CVA but none of the fvsr or newer savage 110 with accustock. Also there is a precott store that is clearing them out as well. The Gail gardner one. Again that store reset their mods and didn't have inventory flowing in. 

• Like 1

The managers and department heads could be wrong. I only repeated what Walmart employees in solid positions stated.

Either way, there may be some great opportunities, period.

1 hour ago, khmer6 said:

From the map across the nation it appears to be stores in not so great areas. Walmart did this years ago and then brought them back. Everyone always has a "source" but the same managers said it was just their stores and they didn't even know about it. Also since when did an hourly employees or department manager get inside information on company trade secrets or roadmaps. If you want to say Walmart(s) or select stores are selling guns for 50% off great but don't pander to the world in a public forum rumors that cause any more hysteria. I know for a fact that the two stores in the valley clearing out did not receive gun shipments for a while. They got in very few new ones such as the CVA but none of the fvsr or newer savage 110 with accustock. Also there is a precott store that is clearing them out as well. The Gail gardner one. Again that store reset their mods and didn't have inventory flowing in. 

Do you work for Walmart or their gun supplier?

How do you have access to their maps?

Further information indicates the remodels are for improved utility and Walmart is NOT getting out of the gun business, I was misinformed.

But the deals before the remodels are real which is what the intent of this post was. So watch for the deals and have fun.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

I bought a savage 22lr at Walmart yesterday and talked to the counter guy and manager. Both have been at this store for years and I asked them. They both stated only certain walmarts are closing gun counters select stores will keep them.