Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

Walmart is (NOT) getting out of the gun business?

FYI - Walmart has started eliminating guns from select stores. I found out too late about Lower Buckeye and 75th Avenue and barely caught the coattails of 56th Avenue and Northern.

Keep your eyes open. When they made the decision all guns were 50% off. CCW makes the transactions much smoother.

I got a few screaming deals.

Remington 700 ADL 7mm Remington Magnum with cheap 3-9x40 scope for $199 plus Tax.

Savage Axis II Predator 6.5 Creedmore with Busnell 4-12x50 scope also $199 plus tax

Marlin 60 LR, wood, blued, for $79 + Tax

Remington 870 Express Youth 20 gauge, wood furniture, for $154 + Tax.

Felt like Christmas or my Birthday should feel.

Sorry gauchoand for sharing with everyone.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Boarman03
Correct to NOT
  • Like 1

It is happening at different stores at different times. 59th and Bell has not had it happen yet. I was just there. There stock is already low, but it isn't on clearance. 

I went down hoping to snag one of those youth 20ga 870's. 

• Like 1

This is how misinformation gets spread like CNN. WALMART is not getting out of guns. 500+ nationwide have cleared out their inventory at 50% off 2 weeks ago, you were just too late to the party. Only 3 stores in AZ have marked down. A lot of these stores are in terrible neighborhoods. There are MANY in the minnesota area that are getting out. Some stores had no idea until a couple of days ago. 

Move on . More fake news. And the only thing left at northern are like crappy single shot hatfields and NICs delays. Buckeye has a beautiful Remington 552 deep blued and nice wood for 350

2 hours ago, khmer6 said:

This is how misinformation gets spread like CNN. WALMART is not getting out of guns. 500+ nationwide have cleared out their inventory at 50% off 2 weeks ago, you were just too late to the party. Only 3 stores in AZ have marked down. A lot of these stores are in terrible neighborhoods. There are MANY in the minnesota area that are getting out. Some stores had no idea until a couple of days ago. 

Move on . More fake news. And the only thing left at northern are like crappy single shot hatfields and NICs delays. Buckeye has a beautiful Remington 552 deep blued and nice wood for 350

I talked to two managers, one at one of the two stores clearancing all of their guns, another in Mesa who confirmed that they are slated for the same thing in about eight months.

Previous clearance was a partial gun clearance. Now it is a total clearance store by store. If not eventually all, several.

I resent the implication that I made this up.

Although Walmart has not made an official announcement, it does not mean that this is not happening. But a heads up that this is occurring, at least to some Walmarts if not all, doesn't make this "fake" news. 

There was not an announcement that the two stores were clearancing their COMPLETE gun inventory, but it happened! Was that "fake"? And I bet you got your share because you are correct on the remaining inventory at both stores.

I have receipts to prove just how "fake" those events weren't!

I am watching like a hawk to take advantage of this new situation just as I enjoyed the benefits of the previous clearance of the prior inventory and I am sharing it to those who wish may enjoy the benefits as well.

Don't spend a lot of time checking all of the stores by driving there, but get to know your Walmart people and have your friends keep an eye open. Not all happening at once and I don't know of any in the next week.

I have to question your motives on trying to dissuade others from keeping an eye out for the possible final clearancing of all guns store by store over the next year.

I only benefit if nobody else knows or doesn't pay attention, like you would. I get no gain by sharing!

I wasn't wrong last time.

BTW, if they announced it imagine the rush to buy and the politics. If I were Walmart, I would not announce it. No upside.

Word of mouth cleaned out the other stores in a few days, somewhat controlled.

Also, Niteman also heard it from employees and he is one solid guy!

2 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

BTW, if they announced it imagine the rush to buy and the politics. If I were Walmart, I would not announce it. No upside.

Word of mouth cleaned out the other stores in a few days, somewhat controlled.

Also, Niteman also heard it from employees and he is one solid guy!

They announced the end of their pistol and "sbr" ammo. No such rush or rioting occurred. They announced the end of semiautomatics, Colts and SIGS were going for anderson prices. No one got shot trying to buy a Walmart AR

45 minutes ago, khmer6 said:

They announced the end of their pistol and "sbr" ammo. No such rush or rioting occurred. They announced the end of semiautomatics, Colts and SIGS were going for anderson prices. No one got shot trying to buy a Walmart AR

Do you work for Walmart?

I never said people would get shot or riot. Those are your extreme far fetched words. I believe most gun people are extremely responsible, but with only one computer the line for gun purchases could be extremely lengthy at best, especially if many people showed up at the same time. Was bad enough as it was.

I do know there were plenty of people rushing to get these deals and several people lined up with word of mouth, without advertising. I caught the tail end of Northern & 56th total gun clearance.

The Savage Axis and Remington 770 mark downs were just before the Start of August. Pretty well gone by the 1st of September here in AZ. I posted that deal on here around Aug.1st. I  hunted them hard to the last. Towards the end I got some very memorable deals.

You are working very hard to discredit my comments, and I have to wonder why. You either work for Walmart and are trying to do damage control or you are greedy and trying to discourage others from competing and keeping their eyes open. Maybe there is another personal reason. But no matter, what I have stated are factual events and statements.

My information came from Walmart managers and department heads, and my personal experiences. 

I stand firm in what I said, period. This is America, so believe as you please, but be careful who you call a liar. Nothing "Fake" here. And I will continue to put my money where my mouth is, and share potential deals with my friends and those on this site, especially when it can only potentially benefit them.

You have a good day but I'm through wasting my time on your nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oz31p said:

You guys need a hobby. 

You are correct. It has gone far enough. Those who want can watch for opportunities. Those who don't, won't. Was FYI only. I'm done here.

1 hour ago, Boarman03 said:

You are correct. It has gone far enough. Those who want can watch for opportunities. Those who don't, won't. Was FYI only. I'm done here.

Russ get off your Dooms Day Scenario. If WM is heading there so be it. Not everyone is hard up to buy a gun in panic mode as most people on here are longtime owners with ample supplies.

I know you think you are helping people out  and want to fit in and be accepted but you need to step back.