Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Hiking Adventure

The family and I have started hiking on Sunday mornings to try and get more excercise. This weekend my wife was hoping to see some of the donkey's at Lake Pleasant Regional Park so we decided to hike Pipeline Canyon trail. 300 yards in with my 8 year old in the lead we find exactly what we didn't want, a 2' rattler crawling the trail too. I was right behind my 8yr old and yelled to stop and grabbed him. The snake went up to that little rock and curled up and got defensive. We backed off for about 5 minutes hoping he would leave, and when we moved back up toward him he decided it was best to get off the trail. We hiked the rest of the trail with no issues. The "floating bridge" must have been taken out by a flash flood because it was washed down river. We were 85% of the way done with the trail and had pretty much given up on the donkey sighting when I came around a corner and found these guys hiding in some shade. 

20200927_081912.jpg

20200927_092031.jpg

20200927_095352.jpg

• Like 4

Go hiking behind my house, lots of burros (snakes too).

• Like 1

Awesome taking the family out. Sounds like they learned some things and will have a story to tell their friends. Before you know it they will be grown and off on their own adventures.  Keep it up and thanks for sharing.