Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

Bino harness for heavy glass???

Finally ponied up the doe to buy some good glass, and bought me a pair of rangefinder Leica binos.  I love them, man what a difference.  They’re pretty heavy though, and I don’t like the way they ride on my old Nikon bino harness.  

What do you guys that use these heavier binos carry them with?  I poked around a little and know there’s a million options, just wanted some first hand opinions.

thanks

7 minutes ago, desertmafia21 said:

Muley freak traverse has pistol storage on the bottom. It’s been my favorite for the past year and most comfortable by far

How does that thing ride with a backpack over it?  Straps look a little big on it 

20 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

How does that thing ride with a backpack over it?  Straps look a little big on it 

It rides nice like nothing is there. It’s thin padded material. That’s why it’s so comfortable because it hugs your back. Thinner straps tend to dig in with heavier binoculars 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desertmafia21 said:

Muley freak traverse has pistol storage on the bottom. It’s been my favorite for the past year and most comfortable by far

I dig the pistol storage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, desertmafia21 said:

It’s awesome for smaller pistols. Larger guns are harder to get in and out

2D468063-E84B-4C21-A660-20DA655EDCE6.jpeg

69B939C2-5F8A-4F79-8CFB-F3A02EFE0915.jpeg

Does their little rangefinder pouch connect to the side of it?

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

Either you’re a little dude or that harness is like a backpack on your chest! 

I have many years of experience making 2 lb bass look like 10 pounders and 330 bulls looking like 380’s. It’s all about the camera angle 🤫

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have an Eberlestock XL that can fit a pair of 15s in I will sell cheap.  Super comfortable bino chest rig.  Just too big for my 10x42s.  The only size they had available in a pinch when my previous harness broke the day before a hunt.

• Like 1