MULEPACKHUNTER

Lake access

Anyone having issues with lake access???

when COVID broke out we had some issues at lake pleasant with access. I had thought things would eventually open back up but Maricopa county took the opportunity to tighten things up more than ever. For a lot of years we have been fishing pleasant and have never had issues and being 25 minutes from the water used to be great. Well now they have closed the north ramp and parking completely during the week and close the gate on the weekends at 8 pm. This restricted me from my favorite running trailhead and hiking. This has caused crowds to be concentrated on weekends and long lines at the gates. I hit the main gate after driving to the barricaded north entrance at about 7pm one day and they would not let me use my year pass since it is a day use pass and they close at 8pm. I’ve been night fishing for 15 years with a year pass and never was questioned. Now they said I can’t use my pass if I’m going to night fish and wanted me to pay again. I made a U turn and went to the east side and paid there. If your hitting lake pleasant anyway be ready to be treated like a criminal and restricted, the east side of the lake is privately run and they are friendly and welcome you and are open 24 hrs I’m hoping they have a year pass for next year. 
hows it going on some of the other lakes??

The east valley lakes just have the normal issues of too many people out there on the weekends but no restrictions at night that I have seen or heard of.  I was at Saguaro last month past 8pm and got right in.