Edge

Trump tests positive for Covid-19

3 hours ago, lonne said:

Hey, LOL, if Donna Brazile can be discovered passing debate questions to the Hillary camp pre-debate, and somehow get re-hired as a political pundit under Fox, anything's possible.  She probably cooperated on it with Chris Wallace and the Biden camp 🙂

Hmmm, your theory is sprouting legs...tenor-4.gif.88746cef101c5a4322c53c19fa16ed7b.gif

41 minutes ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Maybe.  But generally, one is not admitted to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for no symptoms.

True but generally one is not the the president of the United States. Live or die, his handlers will put him in the hospital 110% of the time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

When I got it there were 13 people at an event.  12 ended up positive.  1 asymptomatic, 4 ended up in hospital, 2 in the ICU and one almost died.  All healthy between 37 and 63.  I’m 2.5 months post and still have lung trouble.  From what my buddies said the doc said it’s gonna likely be permanent lung damage.  Kinda sucks when you’re a 36 yr old in good shape to have permanent lung damage from a “hoax” that “90% of the time has no symptoms”.  Oh and a good friend in a neighboring town just died from it, 66 and healthy.  This crap is real.  Everyone on here will know someone that has died from it by Christmas.  

Two weeks ago 3 people tested positive at the place where I work. Last Thursday 1 of them went to the hospital, went into cardiac arrest and died. It is real.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

True but generally one is not the the president of the United States. Live or die, his handlers will put him in the hospital 110% of the time!

Agree.  It's simply a precaution in case it does spin out of control.  He's the President.

I'm sorry to hear about anyone's losses.

It affects everyone differently.  Stats show that 99% of people under the age of 65 are fine.

I'm in my mid 40's.  I had it, and it was the least sick I've ever been in my life.  I was only sick 4 days and took only 1 day off at work.   Test results didn't even come back until 19 days later and I wasn't sure whether to believe it so I went and got antibody tests.  In fact I climbed Mt. Whitney (22 miles, 6500 feet of elevation gain, in 1 day) and was driving home from Cali when I found out I had a positive test.  I was very sick in March with the flu, and thought that was Covid but it came up negative.   I had multiple tests b/c work requires me to travel a lot and this sickness was so light on me that the only reason I got tested was b/c another guy at work had tested positive.  In fact training for Mt. Whitney I hiked 15 miles the weekend before and 15 miles the weekend after I had covid (all in one week).

That said, my Uncle had it.  He is 77 with both heart trouble and lung trouble (existing comorbidities).  He barely made it in the hospital but he is fine now 3 months later with no fallout.  My aunt had it and it barely phased her, maybe sick for a week max.  Three other guys at work had it.  All 3 are in their 60's.  Two were out for a month, mostly b/c they were concerned about spreading the virus.  Another guy at work was completely asymptomatic.  My wife had it, and was maybe sick for going on 2 weeks, but nothing where a hospital visit was required.  My 11 year old son had it and he was totally fine hopping around like any normal kid.   A friend of mine also had it who is in his 50's and he was sick for a week but no hospital.    All of us are as healthy as we were before.

My mom was in the hospital for 11 days for other problems and we were glad she didn't catch it from anyone at the hospital.

I've had a couple of friends lose their fathers.  They were in the hospital for other conditions when they caught it.

In the majority of cases, most people will be fine.  Stats show that.  Don't live a life full of fear unless you have a reason to be fearful, like an underlying health condition.  And in that case the flu should scare also.

• Like 5

I agree, it affects everyone differently.    4 out 5  of us at our house got covid -19 this past March & April.  My wife works in NYC and I'm sure she brought it home to us.  My two twenty something year old kids tested positive but had zero symptoms.  My wife symptoms were like a severe flu, difficulty breathing, body aches, high fever & cough for about 3 weeks.  My symptoms were terrible body aches like I was in a bad car accident and the worst migraine headaches ever.   The headaches lasted up to 2.5 days.  Took me 3 weeks to feel better and the last 8 days were heck.  Could not sleep because my body hurt so badly.  My youngest son and I still have lingering issues.  He gets headaches nearly daily.  I don't have daily headaches but I get severe migraines 1-3 times per month now.  I never realized had bad they were until I experienced them.  Until I got covid, I don't think I ever had a migraine in my life.  Lastly, my head is still not 100%  just a little foggy kind of like the last part of hangover.  It is real and it sucks. 

I still think most people will get it and will survive it but everyone's experiences will be different.  

That’s amazing that you guys know a dozen people that got it. I’ve only known 2 people this entire time that have been diagnosed with it. 

I must have contracted it by now. But I haven’t been sick. I don’t think many people think the illness is a hoax, the hype around it is the hoax

• Like 7

every day i have more questions about this whole dang thing.  i worked in navajo county, faced 200-400 people a day as a big box cashier, the minority of which were masked, almost half were extreme high risk due to local virus clusters, zero positive tests in my workplace of 160.  i have no answers-just questions.

lee  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

That’s amazing that you guys know a dozen people that got it. I’ve only known 2 people this entire time that have been diagnosed with it. 

I must have contracted it by now. But I haven’t been sick. I don’t think many people think the illness is a hoax, the hype around it is the hoax

I probably know 50 people that have had it thus far.  I’m in ND where you get yelled at for wearing a mask instead of not wearing one.  I’m a firm believer in masks.  I interacted with atleast 50 people while wearing a mask during my 48 hour pre symptom period and not a single one got it.  The group of 13 I was with not a single person wore a mask (my ignorance I’ll admit) and 12 of 13 got it.  

I know 1 person who has actually got it and had no symptoms... and that's in tucson

22 minutes ago, AZLance said:

I know 1 person who has actually got it and had no symptoms... and that's in tucson

I guess that should prove that mask mandates work.  ND has 650,000 people and I personally know 50 that have had it. No mask mandate and people go out of their way to not wear them.  From the sound of it in AZ you guys hardly know anyone that’s had it.  

Not counting my family members, I personally know of 5 people who have had it.  I don't know of anyone who has been hospitalized because of it or died.  I find it odd how different people react to the virus.  Some people are scared to death of it and will not even leave their house and then there are others who never even give it a 2nd thought.  I will admit, since I have already had it, I walk around with a sense of immunity towards it now.  It was a miserable 3 weeks but I am kind of glad I had it and now I am done with it.  No proven case where someone has had it, recovered, and then gotten it again.  Now if I could only shake these dang migraines.

"I don’t think many people think the illness is a hoax, the hype around it is the hoax."    This is probably the most profound thing trphyhntr has ever said.