akuritone

Oversized Cutting Boards

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Update!

When I picked one of these up from Jeff, he suggested that they will take standard wood-working tools fairly well.  So this morning I broke-out the router & jig-saw, and had at it! ;)  Cut a handle on each end.  Next I used the router to round-off all edges, and to cut a little moat (blood/juice catcher) around the top.

Super easy, so thought I would share.

Thanks again, Jeff.

S.

cutting board 2.jpg

cutting board.jpg

That looks great! Sure glad I picked one up. Now I just need to replicate what you did. 😂 

19 minutes ago, makaio333 said:

That looks great! Sure glad I picked one up. Now I just need to replicate what you did. 😂 

Thanks.  Was pretty easy.  

You have the tools??     If not, c’mon over (I live in south Scottsdale.).  We can knock it out in less than an hour. 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

You have the tools??     If not, c’mon over (I live in south Scottsdale.).  We can knock it out in less than an hour. 😉

I might take you up on that one of these days 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Update!

When I picked one of these up from Jeff, he suggested that they will take standard wood-working tools fairly well.  So this morning I broke-out the router & jig-saw, and had at it! ;)  Cut a handle on each end.  Next I used the router to round-off all edges, and to cut a little moat (blood/juice catcher) around the top.

Super easy, so thought I would share.

Thanks again, Jeff.

S.

Nice job, Stanley👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

That looks great Stanley. What dimensions did you end up with if you don't mind me asking.

Inside cutting area is roughly 22X42 inches.   Lost about an inch on the sides and approx 3 inches on each end to account for the moat & hand-holes   

Good idea indeed, Kevin, but credit goes to Jeff (original poster).   He put the idea in my head when I picked it up.  😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Routing the edges has been on my to-do list. Those suckers are sharp. Maybe this is a good excuse to hang out.

• Like 1