Sign in to follow this  
tomharveyb

8 muzzy cow

Not much to the story, but my son drew a unit 8 muzzy cow tag this year.  Made 3 scouting trips during the summer to learn the area.  Brandon (gunsmith 25-06 on cwt) was very helpful in giving some areas to check out -he lives in 8.   When the season came, we came close opening morning, but were messed up by someone out walking their dog!!!  The following evening and morning were pretty uneventful.  The almost full moon and hot weather ...86 degrees, didn’t help.   Saturday evening it all came together when we had 10 cows come through on their way to a trick tank.  He picked a fully mature one and dropped her just before dark.  We worked till 10:30 skinning, quartering, and hanging to cool.   Picked her up next morning and back to camp , got meat on ice .   What made this most special is 3 generations were involved-Dad, son, and grandson got to share the experience. Sorry picture a little fuzzy, but darkness was coming fast.

C125706F-95AE-46E1-B3F0-3B634AB3DEA2.jpeg

• Like 7

Very nice, congrats.  Good eating there.  Getting me more excited about my dad's and brother cow hunt coming up in 3c

Nice work, congrats!

i had an archery bull tag in 8 this year.  It’s been a warm one for sure!