Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Binoculars

4 minutes ago, sherman said:

Have you used meopta 15x56

Yup many times.    The only thing I would buy over them is the Swarovski hds if I had to stick with 15's. But if i could only buy one high end pair of glass in your price range it would be meopta 12's and put the remaining amount of money into a spotting scope which in my opinion is necessary with 12's or 15's. 

4 hours ago, sherman said:

Thanks I have now switched to looking at meaopta 12x50 I already ware glasses but remove them when I glass maybe I shouldn't but the leupold has always sparked my interest 

If you don't have astigmatism the focus of an optic will usually correct the flaws in your vision.

8 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

You think non HD swaros are better than meoptas or zeiss?

No clue.... bought my 15s years ago. Looked thru the HD 15s couldn't see a difference enuff buy another pair. Have 20x60x80 HD Swarovski spotter. No need for any other bells and whistles. It was just my opinion.   Whatever fits your eyes and floats your boat amigo. 

Sherman, you can use my swaro 15 HD’s if you’d like. We never draw the same tags and since I totally forgot your wedding!!!(you had during hunting season mind you! Haha) I’ll share. I know your gentle with glass, Mike taught you. 

• Like 1

I’d check with doug at camera land https://cameralandny.com/ and look at display models of top end glass.  

I recently bought a pair of display model Leica rangefinder binos that normally sell for $2900ish for a little under $2000.  Best glass I’ve ever seen, and the condition is perfect.

i know a lot of guys on here like and suggest vortex.  I’ve bought two of the their products over the years and returned them both.  If it was me, I’d save up a couple hundred extra bucks and buy something top shelf.  There’s a reason for the price gap.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Meopta. Hands down, best bang for your $.

The bx5s are good glass wise but imo felt too heavy and i didnt like the ergonomics. 

This.

If you are not going to buy swaro hds, buy the meopta 15's. 

• Like 1

Anybody try the Vortex Razor 12x UHD's yet? How about the newest Meopta 12x the B1 Plus?

On 10/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, creed_az_88 said:

You think non HD swaros are better than meoptas or zeiss?

I've looked through the Zeiss 15x next to the non hd SLCs 15x a time or 2. The Zeiss were noticeably better both times.

The Zeiss are not better than the new Swaro HDs though. From what I've looked through. I think the Swaro HDs are the best 15s money can buy right now.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SHOOTER said:

I've looked through the Zeiss 15x next to the non hd SLCs 15x a time or 2. The Zeiss were noticeably better both times.

The Zeiss are not better than the new Swaro HDs though. From what I've looked through. I think the Swaro HDs are the best 15s money can buy right now.

I agree with you. From what I could tell i think the zeiss and the meoptas were very very close and I gave the meoptas a slight but minimal edge for my eyes.