Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Poverty tag

Whale,

Don't you know a 4b tag is good a week before it's start date and in surrounding units🤣. I just screwed the pooch having brunch then starting the next round. 

Consolation prize

PXL_20201108_165731781.thumb.jpg.d1280fcd2717e03e82c051b12ed4e4a2.jpg

• Haha 2

Today was a lot of fun despite no shots fired and tornado force winds. With the wind the way it is the pattern has changed and they are leaving the field at daylight if not before.  Video from a couple of post ago shows the minimal bulls I'm seeing. I watched take the wrong point back to their bedding area

IMG_3281.thumb.JPG.e322fd8ffd4837f5bc94f4ea538cbcc1.JPG

IMG_3293.thumb.JPG.4eceb3568966dd639a3568f4846ccb26.JPG

IMG_3269.thumb.JPG.7910c3bf47bca25696d2f7d8432fe118.JPG

I start following them and get caught by a couple of dink stragglers. I actually follow them to close to the bedding area before they break off. Got within 35 yards a few times when I was tailing them

I track them in the trace of snow at bump them at 60 yards or so or they just wanted a better spot from the wind.  Losing them and catching up about an hour later say around 1000. Feeding 125 yards away. I watched till they went out of sight (pics won't download file to large) I sneak in and get within an 40 yards of where I last see them and boom stampede. With a giant bull. I catch up one more time and cause another stampede. 

3 bulls cross in front of me with being two being shooters. I sneak In look in the wrong place and they bolt. I almost got a couple of shots pulling back once. On the way back I see this, less than a mile from where I shot the cat last year. My track was from an hour previous. 

PXL_20201108_225309690.thumb.jpg.a73905e321634f5cd1e2e7997c3b5b28.jpg

Tomorrow I have to decide if I go to the same place or try something different. Forecast calls for snow. 

30 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I track them in the trace of snow at bump them at 60 yards or so or they just wanted a better spot from the wind.  Losing them and catching up about an hour later say around 1000. Feeding 125 yards away. I watched till they went out of sight (pics won't download file to large) I sneak in and get within an 40 yards of where I last see them and boom stampede. With a giant bull. I catch up one more time and cause another stampede. 

3 bulls cross in front of me with being two being shooters. I sneak In look in the wrong place and they bolt. I almost got a couple of shots pulling back once. On the way back I see this, less than a mile from where I shot the cat last year. My track was from an hour previous. 

PXL_20201108_225309690.thumb.jpg.a73905e321634f5cd1e2e7997c3b5b28.jpg

Tomorrow I have to decide if I go to the same place or try something different. Forecast calls for snow. 

Looks like a young kitty.

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Today was a lot of fun despite no shots fired and tornado force winds. With the wind the way it is the pattern has changed and they are leaving the field at daylight if not before.  Video from a couple of post ago shows the minimal bulls I'm seeing. I watched take the wrong point back to their bedding area

IMG_3281.thumb.JPG.e322fd8ffd4837f5bc94f4ea538cbcc1.JPG

IMG_3293.thumb.JPG.4eceb3568966dd639a3568f4846ccb26.JPG

IMG_3269.thumb.JPG.7910c3bf47bca25696d2f7d8432fe118.JPG

I start following them and get caught by a couple of dink stragglers. I actually follow them to close to the bedding area before they break off. Got within 35 yards a few times when I was tailing them

Interesting,  big bodied dude top right with his head down feeding.  Weak rack but huge body. Is He old in decline or just still young?  Bad genetics but still in his prime?

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Interesting,  big bodied dude top right with his head down feeding.  Weak rack but huge body. Is He old in decline or just still young?  Bad genetics but still in his prime?

Lack of moisture

You can really tell how crazy the wind was in your videos. Definitely makes it difficult to hunt! I’ve loved following your adventure, thanks for all the photos and good luck 😃 hopefully you get the big one down!

Looks like he's still sleeping......Man you know how to get close!😉 Congrats! I'll let you know where to meet up in 7W on Friday. Lol

• Like 1

The conclusion:

Skipped posting yesterday. Weather was horrible and the elk were even worse.  Cows were literally running from me at 700 yards.  (I hate long range taking of animals. I won't call it hunting. it's changed how animals react to people  Just my .02, now back to the show) saw about 10 bulls and even had one bugling at last light. You would think as I advance in age that common sense would get the advantage over desire. It didnt. I was three miles from my truck at 9500' in a snowstorm without a flashlight. 

Today rolls around after not going to bulltopia yesterday I decide to go back expecting spectacular sights.  I see absolutely nothing. Not a squirrel, elk or anything. I sit for a second (it's below 10 degrees so only a second) and figure out where did they go?!   Obviously the answer was in the sunlight.  I climb the hill I'm on and peak over, I'm right next to some snowy elk tracks.  I follow them for a few minutes and jump a small herd of three small broken bulls. I follow the tracks for a bit and then change course to the south facing slope. 

As I sit there glassing far and low and look a couple hundred yards below and catch an elk body going through the trees. I slide down at angle to intercept after a few seconds I glass 10 bulls 140 yards away. 

• Like 2

I sneak out of their line of site and Inch closer. I'm in range and draw. My arrow falls off at the knock. The bull or the other bills for that matter have no clue I'm there. 

PXL_20201110_173854299.thumb.jpg.6e37223a743932477788c0f845c7e7d9.jpg

IMG_3321.thumb.JPG.092e3220f06396c87c89996bf072c760.JPG

IMG_3323.thumb.JPG.e8be8313438f0698e9f2227dc356aed5.JPG

I pick the arrow off the ground tighten the knock and try again. I pull, relax and settle the pin. Bull takes off in bad shape and barely peaks the crest of the ridge. I see this when I get to where I last seen him. 

• Like 2