Sign in to follow this  
Roosevelt Mark

Some people just don't get it.

that was every unit i went to this year. forest service didn't seem to enforce any of it seen them drive right passed 4 different camps right next to water holes . I also saw tons of campfires as well very sad

• Like 3

Carefull with the campfire thing, we had some do gooders stop in our camp when we had our propane fire pit running. Good for them for trying to help but yelling from the road cuss words could go wrong some where. We just laughed and showed them it wasn’t wood fire. 

• Like 1

If we keep this shoot up they are going to make things miserable for us in the future. We need to find a way to police ourselves before things get out of hand.

Wayyyy too many people in 4B this year, during the archery bull hunt. The week days weren't bad, but the weekends were crazy. 

Was there water in that waterhole? Most were dry. Not sure if that matters, legally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Wayyyy too many people in 4B this year, during the archery bull hunt. The week days weren't bad, but the weekends were crazy. 

Was there water in that waterhole? Most were dry. Not sure if that matters, legally.

Full of water 

I find it interesting how the "restrictions" of COVID19 pushed everybody closer together.......close developed camping areas and it inundated the forest! 

Having said that....if the sign says no camping......no camping! Regs say 1/4 mile from water....not to tough in this day and age to figure that out.....

• Like 1

Wow no damage, no bullet holes, no broken windows, or flat tires, why?

Unfortunately I see people camped within 1/4 mile of water every year on southern units as well.  I'v called it in multiple times but usually Game and Fish too busy I guess.  They have said it's a very common complaint.

1 hour ago, G_E_E said:

Unfortunately I see people camped within 1/4 mile of water every year on southern units as well.  I'v called it in multiple times but usually Game and Fish too busy I guess.  They have said it's a very common complaint.

• It is unlawful for a person to camp within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of a natural water hole containing water or a man-made watering facility containing water in such a place that wildlife or domestic stock will be denied access to the only reasonably available water.

The last part of the rule is where it gets tricky.