Sign in to follow this  
Roosevelt Mark

Some people just don't get it.

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

• It is unlawful for a person to camp within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of a natural water hole containing water or a man-made watering facility containing water in such a place that wildlife or domestic stock will be denied access to the only reasonably available water.

The last part of the rule is where it gets tricky.  

Yep that tricky part is what opens up to interpretation of reasonably available and “I didn’t know” excuses. 

9 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Yep that tricky part is what opens up to interpretation of reasonably available and “I didn’t know” excuses. 

Except for the minor detail of a sign that says, "NO CAMPING."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Now you’re the one pointing out the obvious. 😂

56 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

And OBVIOUSLY it removes the need for interpretation.  🙄

My comment was about the law and not the sign...but I guess that was up for interpretation too. 😂🤔

3 minutes ago, bigorange said:

My comment was about the law and not the sign...but I guess that was up for interpretation too. 😂🤔

Oh I agree the law, as written, might be a bit vague. But as I said, it doesn't matter in this particular incident; no vagueness to the sign.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I didn't comment on the no camping sign, I commented on what the actual rule is.  I was recently up on the Kaibab and there is very little water up there right now in the burn.  We sat a tank one evening and in about an hour and a half we quit counting at a 150 deer coming to the tank before dark.  The next day a camp with a bunch of horse trailers pulled up and put their horses in the corrals and they pitched their tents right next to the tank.  Guess what the deer were piling into the tank that evening with the horses and people right next to it.   

14 hours ago, 654321 said:

I didn't comment on the no camping sign, I commented on what the actual rule is.  I was recently up on the Kaibab and there is very little water up there right now in the burn.  We sat a tank one evening and in about an hour and a half we quit counting at a 150 deer coming to the tank before dark.  The next day a camp with a bunch of horse trailers pulled up and put their horses in the corrals and they pitched their tents right next to the tank.  Guess what the deer were piling into the tank that evening with the horses and people right next to it.   

What happened on the Kaibab is irrelevant to THIS incident. And for THIS incident, the "tricky" part of the rule is also irrelevant. The sign clearly states, "NO CAMPING." Now that might be a problem for Stevie Wonder or Helen Keller, but it shouldn't be for someone who can read English and "interpret" those two simple words. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If tangent conversations and irrelevant comments aren’t allowed anymore CWT is going to get boring very fast. Thanks for keeping us all in line. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

If tangent conversations and irrelevant comments aren’t allowed anymore CWT is going to get boring very fast. Thanks for keeping us all in line. 

IRRELEVANT - not connected with or relevant to something

There is nothing in the above definition that translates to not being allowed, as in:

ALLOWED - give (someone) permission to do something

So to reiterate, the only RELEVANT and most important aspect of THIS incident is this:

nocaMP.jpeg.515f99c36f1146a8d1e97eb78b115e84.jpeg

It's even repeated in B&W below the yellow, perhaps for those with color blindness. 😎 

Now... tangent away. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

IRRELEVANT - not connected with or relevant to something

There is nothing in the above definition that translates to not being allowed, as in:

ALLOWED - give (someone) permission to do something

So to reiterate, the only RELEVANT and most important aspect of THIS incident is this:

nocaMP.jpeg.515f99c36f1146a8d1e97eb78b115e84.jpeg

It's even repeated in B&W below the yellow, perhaps for those with color blindness. 😎 

Now... tangent away. 

But I can't read the fine print under the No Camping.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

What happened on the Kaibab is irrelevant to THIS incident. And for THIS incident, the "tricky" part of the rule is also irrelevant. The sign clearly states, "NO CAMPING." Now that might be a problem for Stevie Wonder or Helen Keller, but it shouldn't be for someone who can read English and "interpret" those two simple words. 

Unfortunately I see people camped within 1/4 mile of water every year on southern units as well.  I'v called it in multiple times but usually Game and Fish too busy I guess.  They have said it's a very common complaint.

I never commented on THIS incident, the above comment is what I commented on and there were no pictures mentioned or posted about no camping, so do I need to post the law again for you Outdoor Writer.

15 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Unfortunately I see people camped within 1/4 mile of water every year on southern units as well.  I'v called it in multiple times but usually Game and Fish too busy I guess.  They have said it's a very common complaint.

I never commented on THIS incident, the above comment is what I commented on and there were no pictures mentioned or posted about no camping, so do I need to post the law again for you Outdoor Writer.

Nah, I know it quite well -- even the "tricky" part that has no relevance here. So as I said to BO, "tangent away."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Nah, I know it quite well -- even the "tricky" part that has no relevance here. So as I said to BO, "tangent away."

But you keep SHOUTING about IRRELEVANCE and throwing definitions at me when I “tangent away”...I guess that’s what I get for such risky behavior. 

4 minutes ago, bigorange said:

But you keep SHOUTING about IRRELEVANCE and throwing definitions at me when I “tangent away”...I guess that’s what I get for such risky behavior. 

See my last reply to you. 

• Haha 1