Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Tree Stands

How many of you get a little on edge in a tree and you start rockin a little lol. I haven’t used a stand much but have been in one for a few days now. I won’t lie it takes some getting used to. It’s a pretty neat vantage point though when deer come in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Ya you look down and it’s a long ways. I wear a harness though of course. Funny how your trusting a little 50lb treestand to hold you up 20 feet lol. 

The last few were on a good slope so out the front not so bad but over my shoulder I could barley see the ground it’s so far down there

I'll only go up in a ladder stand anymore,!

Some of the climbing ones are way safer than they use to be!

The swaying is not so bad but the creeeking and a popping noise makes ne a bit nervous , w hen the woods are silent. 

I've had owls scare the crap out of me too. During that pre dawn sitting.

People can say what they want but there’s nothing like being in a tree moving a foot both ways ( ya a freak wind storm blowing 25-30 hit last night ). I was just curious about everyone else’s thoughts. 

I was up 20’ in a small platform tree stand one morning when it was still pitch black and I could hear and feel this dang bat fly past my face about 30 times in a 20 minute time span.  I had nowhere to go and couldn’t see anything.  That sucked. It got within an inch or two every time. 

• Haha 2

I dang near threw up one night in North Dakota.  The tree was swaying so much that I started to get Sea sickness. haha.  Wild ride for sure, but I have complete confidence in them staying on the tree.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I dang near threw up one night in North Dakota.  The tree was swaying so much that I started to get Sea sickness. haha.  Wild ride for sure, but I have complete confidence in them staying on the tree.  

Lol ya I know mine will stay on tree plus my harness. I’m just saying it’s a little hairy when the tree starts moving lol. It doesn’t matter what stand. 

3 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Lol ya I know mine will stay on tree plus my harness. I’m just saying it’s a little hairy when the tree starts moving lol. It doesn’t matter what stand. 

A little swaying is one thing but when a tree moved in both directions at the same time. I pop alittle . 

Last trip I got chased off a stand by hail

• Like 1