Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Tree Stands

Only ever sat in a ladder stand and that was scary for me. Only 16' but i didnt wear a harness either which upped the scary factor for me.  Just not a huge fan of heights.  Even less of a fan sitting high in the air freezing my butt off and sitting on what must be the most uncomfortable seat ever. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Only ever sat in a ladder stand and that was scary for me. Only 16' but i didnt wear a harness either which upped the scary factor for me.  Just not a huge fan of heights.  Even less of a fan sitting high in the air freezing my butt off and sitting on what must be the most uncomfortable seat ever. 

Na they make comfy seats now. That’s not the prob. Ya it does get cold. Uncomfortable is 20 plus feet in the air moving left to right a foot lol. 

• Like 1

I can’t stay awake in my summit climber to save my life.  Just looking at that thing makes me drowsy, had to take the seat off a few times so I had to stand the whole time and couldn’t get to comfy in it.

ive been using a tree saddle a lot the last couple years.  If you get nervous in a tree stand, you haven’t seen anything til you try a saddle.  Nothing but the rope and a prusik knot holding you up.  Yeehaw!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 360 0r Better said:

You guys could easily cure the swaying problem by using a bigger fatter tree or stay out of the stand entirely 

I will remember that next time. I never thought to look for a bigger tree.