Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Rotomold Coolers

47 minutes ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

Coolers are at a different level than they were 10 years ago!  Your going to find the Ol' Dodge vs Ford vs Chevy on this one! They are all nice and better than the old igloo's that everyone has historically used. I have Canyons and RTIC's.

I will say this CANYON coolers are MADE IN ARIZONA!!! They make a great cooler and I like their business model and costumer service. They also partner with some great companies.  

Precool and use frozen jugs for bulk ice and you'll be happy with whatever you get!

I own Canyon too (and they are my go-to) but they are made in Vietnam, not Arizona. They are distributed from Flagstaff and anymore that seems to be as close as you can get to Made in the USA-ish. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

I own Canyon too (and they are my go-to) but they are made in Vietnam, not Arizona. They are distributed from Flagstaff and anymore that seems to be as close as you can get to Made in the USA-ish. 

I had to know so I asked Canyon direct, where their coolers are made? 

Pro series are made in Prescott. Outfitter series are made in Thailand. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oflag said:

Here's a little cooler hack.  Pre-cool for sure then load the cooler up with ice and whatever you plan to put in it, put enough water in the bottom to cover the drain.  Latch the lid and then open the drain and let some of the water out.  It will create a vacuum that will seal so well you will have to re-open the drain to get the lid open!  The ice will last much longer!

Are you a scientist? 

1 hour ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

I had to know so I asked Canyon direct, where their coolers are made? 

Pro series are made in Prescott. Outfitter series are made in Thailand. 

That’s cool! I need to pony up for the Pro Series  next time. Outfitter is what I have. 
Thanks for the info.