Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet Jack

12aw late

14 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I don't remember what year it was but a storm dumped so much snow people couldn't get RV's and campers out and had to leave them up there for the whole winter.

I seem to remember something about that, I  thought I had heard were they had to get Some hunters out with snowmobiles. was around the 2010 time range I thought 

18 hours ago, Delw said:

I seem to remember something about that, I  thought I had heard were they had to get Some hunters out with snowmobiles. was around the 2010 time range I thought 

This wasn't just the north Kaibab it was pretty much the entire northern half of state that got hammered from that storm.  The storm occurred during late rifle elk hunt and many hunters were stranded for days.  Like already said, many of the hunters from unit 8 all the way across to Heber/overguard had to leave their camps and trailers until the snow melt in the spring to get everything out.  It was all over the news.  Boy, we sure could use some snow like that again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, knothead said:

This wasn't just the north Kaibab it was pretty much the entire northern half of state that got hammered from that storm.  The storm occurred during late rifle elk hunt and many hunters were stranded for days.  Like already said, many of the hunters from unit 8 all the way across to Heber/overguard had to leave their camps and trailers until the snow melt in the spring to get everything out.  It was all over the news.  Boy, we sure could use some snow like that again.

Wow that is crazy! You think itll happen this year? It is supposed to snow up north this Monday already. What if it does again in the end of November

Just now, UggRedBilly said:

Wow that is crazy! You think itll happen this year? It is supposed to snow up north this Monday already. What if it does again in the end of November

Then you kill a big buck

• Like 3

I was in 6a during the late rifle bull hunt in 2010. Fs came swooping in on Saturday afternoon while we were in camp on snowmobiles. They told us there were there to “rescue us”.  It was about 18inches. We laughed in their faces and they left. We killed killed a nice bull the next morning. Then we drove out in 4x4 trucks no problem. One of us was towing a 40 ft toy hauler. I swear sometimes Arizonans treat snow like lava. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Isn’t that 2010 storm the one that killed a firefighter when a tree collapsed on his tent while he was sleeping?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:38 AM, AZBULLHUNTER said:

12aw late hunt last year before the snow

IMG_0877.JPG

Look at that thing’s nose and neck. He looks like a dinosaur.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Delw said:

They might get some snow up there sunday and monday.. season opens friday right?

Yeah it opens tomorrow morning! Super excited to see what people bring out from there this year

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:22 PM, Delw said:

That was in 6a, same storm.

I have been on 6 or 7 of those late hunts one way or another since 2001 and only once did we ever get snow and that was the day we were packing up to leave about 5 years ago.  Usually it is sunny, cold, dry and very dusty.  Wind blows about half the time too.  If it rains, the roads down on the winter range get real nasty.  Not so much up top and in the mid range.  Good luck to everyone that is hunting deer this year, no matter where it is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Last year, 12AE late, opening morning, 90 minutes into the hunt.

20191122_094130.thumb.jpg.dbaf88708210d9d92b515714d638c496.jpg

20191122_094009.thumb.jpg.363265b42b828eecc5f852e88ac2574c.jpg

Looking at this awesome buck never gets old....

• Like 3