Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

30 Day Magdalena Countdown

the best offshore workout i know is surgical tubing tied to the emergency brake pedal......keep pumping that arm like mad and the other drivers will think......well whatever.

when you are worn out and ready for a bunk think of us and take some video and pics.  Mag bay in the autumn is the bomb.

lee

are you making your own wahoo bombs?  i only made one and lost it on my first hookup.  well 2nd i had lost a tady #9 2 minutes before and had no wire on a trip to the 'loop.  good fishing Sir.

lee

17 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Five days on the Constitution. I can almost smell the salt water. 

How will you get to Mag bay?  Boat ride or fly into Loreto then be transported to the Pacific side?

3 hours ago, Swivelhead said:

How will you get to Mag bay?  Boat ride or fly into Loreto then be transported to the Pacific side?

Flying to Loreto and they will have someone meet us and drive us over.

• Like 2

Loreto is one heck of a trip, my buddies family took me with them down there when we were seniors in high school, we drove all the way. epic fishing and diving. Ill never forget that trip. we spent 3 weeks down there and caught just about every fish there is. 30 lb tuna all day long and I pulled in a 130 lb grouper.

Back then it was 85.00 for a panga for the day and those guys had you on fish non stop. We were 15 years old and they dropped me and my buddy off in the little town and left us for the day, bet that doesn't happen any more down there. Walked around with a six pack of beers and a belly full of steak. Some of the best diving and snorkeling Ive ever seen right out of the casita. I bet it hasn't changed a bit since 1992

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Heat said:

Senior in 92 huh? Sounds like you're about the same vintage as me!

I was 40 with two kids. What I wouldn't give to roll back the clock.

Both of my parents were school teachers and had the summer off.In 1979 Our family and two other family's drove to Guaymas and took the ferry to Santa Rosalia.We spent one month going down the sea of cortez side and coming back on the pacific side.You can imagine the fishing back then.You could spear lobster every day if you wanted.I remember looking in this cave and saw a grouper that maybe was a jew fish that was so big it could have eaten me.I am talking maybe 500lbs.I got the heck out of there as soon as I could.Great memories

• Like 3