Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Can I really not shoot right now? Fire ban

You know, jackrabbit, coyotes, non-game species are all open right now.  Not much better practice than shooting rabbits and ground squirrels out past 1000 yards. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

You know, jackrabbit, coyotes, non-game species are all open right now.  Not much better practice than shooting rabbits and ground squirrels out past 1000 yards. 

Only your girl can whack a ground squirrel past 500 lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keep in mind that an all copper bullet smacking a hard rock has the greatest potential for starting a fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

But not dirt 

Correct. The energy in a high velocity copper bullet upon smacking hard rocks is converted into heat, which means molten copper. Lead bullets just don't generate as much fire potential because its a softer metal with a lower melting pot. Dirt absorbes the energy differently and does not results in hot molten copper slag.

• Like 1

Jail time and heavy fines might put a crimp on your style. Then there is loss of employment, failure to make mortgage payments etc.

It kind of sucks that at the same time last year I had been out shooting several times out to 700 yds.  I may have to resort to the range this year.