Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

HID lights in ATV/UTV

I was considering putting a light bar on the Ranger for driving the dark FS roads and trails but I couldn’t really find a good mounting solution I liked (I don’t have the Pro Fit bars). I wanted to keep everything stock so I could return it to original config if I ever needed too. No mods, drilling into roll bars, etc. I ordered a 55w 5000k HID kit from DDM Tuning instead. Does anyone run HID’s in their off road machine?

I like you didn't want a real aggressive light bar so did two things. 4" rock lights that installed with literally one hole in the bracket that holds the radiator.  But I still couldn't stand those yellow freaking headlights and bought the JDM LED replacements.  Super easy installation and just as white and pure as light can get.  I'm really happy with both. 

• Like 1

I put led in my Ranger and it was amazing! Hardly need the light bar now.  I think they ran about $80 for the pair, but worth every dime.

• Like 1

Go with Rigid lights, get a light bar 20 inch and then run some 4x4 dullys for ditch lights and 1 for back up lights.  Spendy but well worth the money and abuse they takes. I run a ton of these on my trucks, im afraid of the dard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

These cost $45.  No chance I’m spending $500+ for Rigid

Great video comparison. Can you provide the specifics of the unit you ordered?

2 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

Great video comparison. Can you provide the specifics of the unit you ordered?

HID Kit from DDM Tuning. Select bulb style for your specific machine. I used the 5000K temperature bulbs. The 55W are almost too bright (almost).  I had a guy flash his high beams at me the other day because of them.  But they will be the bees knees on the trails. They also make a 35W kit.  Best part it’s only $44.95. 

https://ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID/HID-Kits/DDM-HID-Kits

Yep stick with the 5 to 6k in lights, otherwise they start going into the blue spectrum and really are worse as you loose visible light and makes it harder to see.

3 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

HID Kit from DDM Tuning. Select bulb style for your specific machine. I used the 5000K temperature bulbs. The 55W are almost too bright (almost).  I had a guy flash his high beams at me the other day because of them.  But they will be the bees knees on the trails. They also make a 35W kit.  Best part it’s only $44.95. 

https://ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID/HID-Kits/DDM-HID-Kits

What bulb type?

21 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

What bulb type?

Depends on your machine.  Whatever headlight it takes. Mine takes 886, 880 type. Pull your bulb and look on it. It will be written on base of bulb.