Sign in to follow this  
Edge

"Not going back that way."

Thanks for the link. The video is actually much longer on Facebook. It appears at the beginning a momma lion with kittens appear on the trail.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1590393527809931&id=209273432588621

This is one more reason why we carry. 

• Like 2

Holy cow. Not many people would have handled that situation the same. If he turned away and ran he woulda been lunch. That video would have been about 6 minutes shorter if i was in his shoes

• Like 1

Crazy. I would need a change of pants after that. 

I would have had to turn into a rock chucker at some point. Not sure if that would have been better or worse, but only thing that kept going through my mind. 

• Like 6

It looked like he did when it ran. Scary stuff....but he had me cracking up with his comments! 
it’s the slim chance if something like that happening that keeps me carrying...

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

That video would have been about 6 minutes shorter if i was in his shoes

no video.  code of the west..............

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.bang.click.click.click.click.click.click. 

F*ck that. If I didn't have a gun, I would have been doing my best Nolan Ryan impression with some of those big rocks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

just got back from hunting oregon.  my son had a big lion stalking him for 20 min at less than 20 yards.  did not have a hand gun.  no shot with his bow.  too thick.  how thick.  I had a bull at less than 10 yard for 20 min. could hear him breathing , peeing. but could not see even a leg.  this lion just moved with my son.  he carried a 357 after that...  he could not decide to nock a arrow or video so nocked but no video.  

That’s scary, had a similar experience about 15 years ago up by Bumblebee pig hunting with my son and his friend going up a wash there was fresh cat tracks in the sand pointed them out we got out of the wash and hunted a couple hours and on the way back out there were more fresh tracks right where we went out of the wash told the boys stick close and keep your eyes peeled cause I think we have company. That was a 100 yards of butt pucker coming out.