Sign in to follow this  
Edge

"Not going back that way."

i've had more scares with rut crazed bulls than anything else. a goofy gray fox once put my .22 in my hand.  a slow elk bull went after me on the black river once but i was faster at 15 years old.

He said “where’s my gun!!” Couldn’t tell if he was walking up hill or not but dude walked scared quite aways and wasn’t out of breath. Crazy seeing that cat flang it’s legs like that!!! That’d make me shake too!!!!

This happens more often than you think, usually at night as you head out to your spot before twilight. 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Edge said:

This happens more often than you think, usually at night as you head out to your spot before twilight. 😅

That’s why I do my hunting between 10am and 2pm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To me it appeared he emboldened the cat by retreating.  Also wonder if his distress sounds did the same.  No telling.  Suspect the cat mock charged when he attempted to pick up rocks.  Overall he did OK but why in the heck was he running video on his phone when he should have been on full offense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He was in utah's State Canyon from what I saw online this am. looking for a vid that didnt need facebook permission

it was pretty wild,Made my wifes heart jump a few times  when I showed her a little bit ago on the computer in full size vid.

Ive been a few yards with in cats a few times calling and they always turned around and ran when they saw me. 

22 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

To me it appeared he emboldened the cat by retreating.  Also wonder if his distress sounds did the same.  No telling.  Suspect the cat mock charged when he attempted to pick up rocks.  Overall he did OK but why in the heck was he running video on his phone when he should have been on full offense?

Exactly!!!!! If your so scared then why make video your primary agenda!!?