Big Browns

Need Glassers in unit 22 tonight & tomorrow morning

This has become a clicky site.  If you dare to express a different opin than the "in crowd" then expect to be properly chastised by the elite members.  Never get into a back and forth.  They will take you down to their level and beat you with experience.  😷

9 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Christ, its almost as bad as the political landscape.... You don't hunt the way I do, so you're WRONG!  I HATE YOU!

I can't watch the tv these days, or listen to the radio... now I gotta pas on CWT due to judgmental idjits. 

...Said no one, ever

Guys this was about a youth hunt!!!  Sad that we can't even agree as hunters to help out future generations no matter how the style of hunting it is.  If it is done legally that's all that matters!!!  My son 100 percent worked his butt off for that buck and believe me their was no "instant gratification".  He missed shots on this hunt and hadn't filled tags in the past on prior deer hunts. Everything he did on this and previous hunts thought  him lessons to help be successful on this particular hunt.  He is EXTREMELY grateful that we got a little help on the VERY LAST day of the hunt to help us make it successful.  Of course being successful on hunts is the goal but even if we weren't successful my son was thought a great lesson to support others in need of help if they ask for it.  That lesson alone will make him a better person in all aspects of life not just hunting!!!  Hope those of you that disagree with the "style" of hunting can at least see that helping out the youth will continue to keep hunting alive and teach our young men and women great lessons that will help them throughout their life!!!  

• Like 8

I think a lot of people don’t understand what it’s like to be a youth today.  It’s the parents job to set them up for success at everything.  Failure, stress, and disappointment are all unpleasant and should be minimized.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, Big Browns said:

Thomas was able to harvest an unbelievable Buck this morning.  Huge thanks to those who dropped everything and assisted this morning!  Kevin, Shelvin, Blake and Cliff are first class!  You guys are my heroes!!!!!  Thanks for making Thomas's last day very special!

20201015_073838.jpg

Great job!!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

I think a lot of people don’t understand what it’s like to be a youth today.  It’s the parents job to set them up for success at everything.  Failure, stress, and disappointment are all unpleasant and should be minimized.

Failure stress disappointment were all experienced in this hunt and others.  These things can not be avoided it's part of life, but it makes success much more appreciated.  That's just another lesson my son learned!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Guys this was about a youth hunt!!!  Sad that we can't even agree as hunters to help out future generations no matter how the style of hunting it is.  If it is done legally that's all that matters!!!  My son 100 percent worked his butt off for that buck and believe me their was no "instant gratification".  He missed shots on this hunt and hadn't filled tags in the past on prior deer hunts. Everything he did on this and previous hunts thought  him lessons to help be successful on this particular hunt.  He is EXTREMELY grateful that we got a little help on the VERY LAST day of the hunt to help us make it successful.  Of course being successful on hunts is the goal but even if we weren't successful my son was thought a great lesson to support others in need of help if they ask for it.  That lesson alone will make him a better person in all aspects of life not just hunting!!!  Hope those of you that disagree with the "style" of hunting can at least see that helping out the youth will continue to keep hunting alive and teach our young men and women great lessons that will help them throughout their life!!!  

Post the story (in a different thread maybe).. seems like it'll be a good read

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewlyMinted said:

Post the story (in a different thread maybe).. seems like it'll be a good read

It is posted in the youth hunters section.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Failure stress disappointment were all experienced in this hunt and others.  These things can not be avoided it's part of life, but it makes success much more appreciated.  That's just another lesson my son learned!!!  

Hey, I’m on your side.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomC said:

This has become a clicky site.  If you dare to express a different opin than the "in crowd" then expect to be properly chastised by the elite members.  Never get into a back and forth.  They will take you down to their level and beat you with experience.  😷

Is it really dragging someone down when you ask that they be respectful of others posts. If you or Tom want to gripe about team hunting, cool, just make a thread for it. Don’t come into the guys post about his nephews hunt and piss on it.

Its fine to have a different opinion. Just share it respectfully. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Hey, I’m on your side.  

It's all good just trying to show the things that you mentioned teaches lessons as well. Thanks.  

I’ll call this. “My last $.02”.  So if I’m reading things right, a hunt is a failure if it doesn’t end up with some critter on the ground. And conversely, it is a success if there is a dead critter.  Every hunt I’ve been on is a success because I shared time outdoors , almost always with a friend or relative, got away from the city , business, phone calls , and politics.  My son grew up hunting with my help as is my grandson now.  We haven’t always come home with a critter, but it has never ruined a good time.  The best lessons in life ,imo, come when things don’t work out the way we want. You don’t always get a smiley sticker on your paper and that’s ok.

3 minutes ago, tomharveyb said:

I’ll call this. “My last $.02”.  So if I’m reading things right, a hunt is a failure if it doesn’t end up with some critter on the ground. And conversely, it is a success if there is a dead critter.  Every hunt I’ve been on is a success because I shared time outdoors , almost always with a friend or relative, got away from the city , business, phone calls , and politics.  My son grew up hunting with my help as is my grandson now.  We haven’t always come home with a critter, but it has never ruined a good time.  The best lessons in life ,imo, come when things don’t work out the way we want. You don’t always get a smiley sticker on your paper and that’s ok.

Agreed that if there wasn't a dead animal at the end of the hunt it would still be a success.  Sharing the experiences in the woods with my son is the true "trophy".  Also agreed that things not working the way we want teaches great lessons.  I'll add something that I did not share earlier.  The day before the hunt started my son found out that he was did not make the final cut for the soccer team at his school.  Did he wine or moan about it.  Nope!!! He just stayed positive and wanted to go hunting to forget about the outside world for awhile.  He was way more positive then I could have even imagined.  Very proud of him for that!!!   He went into this hunt with a great attitude and ended it with one even before he got the buck!!!  

What I can't agree with you on is the fact that you feel the need to throw in your "$.02" in such a negative and devisive way.  Acting like our success shouldn't be accepted because of the "style" of hunting we did to be successful.  Just because you don't hunt that way doesn't mean others shouldn't or can't.  Do your thing I support you, but stop trying to look down on other hunters when they are successful if they are doing it legally.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Im just impressed he endured all the tough moments and put in grown up effort. Speaks volumes of his character and upbringing.  Lots of grown butt men would have thrown in the towel before the last day.  Hats off to the lad.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Im just impressed he endured all the tough moments and put in grown up effort. Speaks volumes of his character and upbringing.  Lots of grown butt men would have thrown in the towel before the last day.  Hats off to the lad.

So true I was so proud of him for sticking it out and staying positive.  Unlike me 😃.  

• Like 1