Sneaker

10yr Old Daughter's rifle bull

She had a blessed year drawing an unlikely tag her first try and then getting to take this bull with one shot of the 7MM at about 45 yards in self defense as he was coming to trample us:) This was 10/3 at 4pm in the afternoon. We never could find any rutting action and never saw a cow in the two days we hunted. We just had moved sides of the unit to try an old area for the evening and had hiked into a secluded area. My daughter is a good hiker and we were just cold cow calling every couple hundred yards and this guy let out a very faint quick half-a-second groan/sigh really,  like the very very end sound portion of a bugle, at maybe 100 yards or so, I'm sure from his bed. I was pretty sure it was an elk, but expected it to be a spike or something, but within a matter of seconds we saw him coming, we jumped down prone and got her all set up. She is really good at finding things in the scope but this time wasn't much of a challenge haha. My father dropped back to continue cow calling during this time, and the bull never really stopped coming so I had to eventually tell her to just shoot him before he got too close. He went down in about 10 seconds, and she was a very happy hunter!

IMG-2191.jpg

IMG-2177.jpg

IMG-2159.jpg

IMG-2165.jpg

• Like 38
  • Wow! 1

Congratulations on the awesome bull and a lifetime of memories. 

Nice.

Cute kid.  She looks so tiny standing over her first bull!

I bet you'll get a kick out of it as she gets bigger.

Way to get her out in the field, from the sounds of it she can out hike and scope up game better than most!