Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Meat!

After screwing up my elk hunt this year I’m searching for affordable ways to keep eating game meat. Freezer is empty. I’m hoping for quail, dove, duck, and maybe I get a salvage deer tag again this year lol. I never rely on archery or otc elk even though I hunt both. Guess I’m just bitching! I don’t want your honey holes and for sure don’t want you to post meat hunts in public! 

• Haha 1

I'm headed to Wisconsin and Minnesota soon to whack some does to refill the freezer. I'm compitlating donating my mistake 24a tags to make archery season up there. 

• Like 1

i know a guy that goes to Texas every year and whacks some female "exotic" animals to fill his freezer. cow buffalo, cow eland, nilgai, fallow/axis does. seems like he said he pays around $12-$1500 for the big animals and 3-400 for the does. a little spendy but somethin to think about maybe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

i know a guy that goes to Texas every year and whacks some female "exotic" animals to fill his freezer. cow buffalo, cow eland, nilgai, fallow/axis does. seems like he said he pays around $12-$1500 for the big animals and 3-400 for the does. a little spendy but somethin to think about maybe

Is it an actual hunt?  If so this may be a fun trip and good way to get some great exotic table fare.  Nilgai is supposed to be fantastic eating.

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Is it an actual hunt?  If so this may be a fun trip and good way to get some great exotic table fare.  Nilgai is supposed to be fantastic eating.

Its Texas. Its high fenced, and more than likely over a feeder.

Which there is nothing wrong with that, especially when youre just filling the freezer.

• Like 1

Yeah, not a “hunt”. Just a freezer filler. His favorite are Eland cows. Claims it’s the best table fare in the world. And they are BIG

• Like 2

Just now, firstcoueswas80 said:

Its Texas. Its high fenced, and more than likely over a feeder.

Which there is nothing wrong with that, especially when youre just filling the freezer.

I figured it was high fence being as they were exotics.  I was just wondering if it was a large enough ranch where one could spot & stalk, that sort of thing.  Even if it was pronghorn style hunting, that's fun for me.  Without any tags and the availability to possibly hunt in off season months, this may be entertaining.  C'mon Casey lets go!

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

I figured it was high fence being as they were exotics.  I was just wondering if it was a large enough ranch where one could spot & stalk, that sort of thing.  Even if it was pronghorn style hunting, that's fun for me.  Without any tags and the availability to possibly hunt in off season months, this may be entertaining.  C'mon Casey lets go!

I could be talked in to half of a Eland cow. I've eaten Eland before and they are delicious!

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I could be talked in to half of a Eland cow. I've eaten Eland before and they are delicious!

Try axis deer. You’ll never want elk again. 

• Wow! 1