Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Repairs

I have an older set of Minox  10x52 BD BR.  Great glass.  The eye pieces are tweaked. One won’t screw back on the threads. The other is stuck.  I sent to Minox (blaser USA) and they said Minox doesn’t repair these older ones anymore.  They did give me a nice discount on their new X active.  Which I got and are decent not great.  

anyone know where I can get them repaired.  There is a guy or shop called Suddath and he said these are two new for him.  That was the only independent repair I could locate on the web.  20146652-D9C2-4892-881A-E7CB8FC32A2B.thumb.jpeg.729742736f9f964764ca83e8c6b433a1.jpegThey are about 15 years old 

thanks for ay help 

B3AD4DA0-CA2D-458C-ACC2-C229093FDEFB.jpeg

I would look for a machinist that might have a thread file set. with those fine threads probably just have some light deformation that could be coaxed out by hand. I would think maybe outdoorsmans might be able to hook you up with the shop they use. They make some rally fine threads on some of their parts.

there is a guy out of Montana that everyone sends their Doctor 15's to get worked on. Can't remember his name but i'm sure someone on here has used him

Found a few places that you can at least talk to. Hope it helps.

Baker Marine repairs binoculars.   Astronomy crowd uses Baker Marine, Suddarth and a few others.  Try a search @ Cloudy Nights or Astromart.  You might try a pointy tool to chase the aluminum threads, likely the starter threads have material embedded which you might be able to remove.  A dental pick may do the trick. 

Thanks you guys. Awesome help.  This is why this is such a great forum.  I’ll make some calls and post results.   Thanks again!