mikejr112

ISO SCOPE NEW/USED

Hey everyone, my name is Mike. I am a new hunter here in Arizona. A member recommended that I joined this forum!

I am going on my first Elk hunt this year and would like to find a nice scope for my Bergara. I wanted to see if anyone had a scope for sale before I went to a retailer. I am looking for something similar to a SFP Vortex Viper 6-24x50. Also looking for bino’s and a range finder. Any help is appreciated! (602) 999-3180.

Congrats and welcome! Do you have a budget in mind? Text me if you would like some pics of anything... 432-312-6545

Ive got a couple of options

Ive got a Vortex viper pst gen2 FFP mrad 5-25x50 very clean condition. This is the best scope you can buy for the money. I have 4 of them and love them. Would sale for $750. I’ve had the SFP Vortex you listed and the gen 2 is way better in every way. You want adjustable turrets. 

I also have a cheaper option for scope. 
Baraska 6-24x60IR SFP. Cosmetically it has a few scratches. Would sale for $250

For Binos I have a set of set of Maven B5 18x56, $1k, this Might be a little more than what you need??

I have a spare ranger finder it’s a Sig 1250 6x20mm $150 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwet239 said:

Congrats and welcome! Do you have a budget in mind? Text me if you would like some pics of anything... 432-312-6545

Ive got a couple of options

Ive got a Vortex viper pst gen2 FFP mrad 5-25x50 very clean condition. This is the best scope you can buy for the money. I have 4 of them and love them. Would sale for $750. I’ve had the SFP Vortex you listed and the gen 2 is way better in every way. You want adjustable turrets. 

I also have a cheaper option for scope. 
Baraska 6-24x60IR SFP. Cosmetically it has a few scratches. Would sale for $250

For Binos I have a set of set of Maven B5 18x56, $1k, this Might be a little more than what you need??

I have a spare ranger finder it’s a Sig 1250 6x20mm $150 

Thank you for the reply, I am looking to spend around $500 or so on a scope. I should have included that in the ad. My apologies. Both sound like great scopes! Unfortunately, I have only used SFP since I grew up on shotgun/muzzleloader hunting in the midwest. So an FFP scope is a bit intimidating to me due to my lack of experience. I have also never used an MRAD scope. 

19 minutes ago, mikejr112 said:

Thank you for the reply, I am looking to spend around $500 or so on a scope. I should have included that in the ad. My apologies. Both sound like great scopes! Unfortunately, I have only used SFP since I grew up on shotgun/muzzleloader hunting in the midwest. So an FFP scope is a bit intimidating to me due to my lack of experience. I have also never used an MRAD scope. 

I bought my first gen2 a year ago, just got into hunting and didn’t know anything about mrad, or Ffp and Sfp. Lol, after watching some YouTube videos and taking it to the range I’ll never go back. Just download a ballistics calculator on your phone. You put in your round and scope. Then all you have to do is put in your range and it’s dead on. It makes you so much more confident in your shots. Last year made a 350 yard shot perfect. I’m not a good shooter but the equipment makes up for it. But I understand if your budget doesn’t allow. However I learned after my first purchase not knowing what I was doing. I should have spent a little more and got the gen 2 to begin with. Feel free to call me and I’ll give you any info or advice. I’m in no way a pro, but I was like you a few years ago and happy to share what I learned to help you not make the same mistakes I did. 

Unless you are hunting areas that you know will be very open, I dont like 6x being my lowest power. Something in the 3x-4x on the low power is better IMO. You don't need 24x on the high range of power unless you are shooting 1000+ yards. 

My opinion but that's me. I would be looking at something in the 3×15 type power range. 

• Like 3

I have an extra Sightron SIII 6-24x50 sitting in Leupold Mark 4 rings on my bench right now.  It is a SFP scope with MOA stadia in a 30mm tube which gives you 100 MOA of travel.  These scopes are best known for their extremely clear glass and reliable turrets for repeatable dial up and down.  I still have the same model on my custom  6.5-06 AI rifle.  Rugged, durable, excellent quality.  Read about them here:

https://sightronusa.com/riflescopes/siii-lr-series/

You should also read several online reviews and pay particular attention to the ratings that customers give these scopes.  The scope usually retails for $800 or so.  The rings go for $100+ when new.  My price would be $650 for everything, or $600 for just the scope.  This is a little higher quality than you can afford on your budget, but if you can stretch a little you will end up with something you will never have to upgrade down the road.

• Like 2

Go to MidwayUSA.com they have Vortex Viper HS 30mm scope 6-24 for $399. New! Free shipping this weekend.

• Like 1

I have a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 with VMR MOA reticle. $425 if we can meet face to face. 

• Like 1