Roosevelt Mark

Roosevelt report

35 minutes ago, el diablo said:

Fished from 2-515 on Friday and caught 21 bass. Entrance to sally mae. Nothing over two lbs. Fun though. 

Made money in a tournament right there a few years ago. We literally never left that area. All on jigs dragging in water from the bank. 

Going up to chase Crappie tomorrow.  The plan is to try and find em down deeper on the graph and then throw everything at them. Thinking about starting in the trees on the salt end and work down into the lake hitting coves along the way. Any location tips would be appreciated as I am terrible at finding the little buggers. 

Last Saturday was an a.s  kickin contest.  Beautiful day, only got 1 crappie  in the boat. Lost a few and got some bass. Art and KC were in the derby and got there last 2 for a 7 fish limit in the last minute before they had to go weigh in. I'm not fishing tomorrow,  got 3 cow elk to butcher.  Cheers 

• Like 1

Went out for 5 hours on Sunday the 27th and delt with the wind. Boated 5 nice crappie over 15 inches and 10 nice bass.  I found a point on main lake on the salt end and it was loaded with fish

25 to 40 foot of water slow trolling jigs with a minnow and they were eating it this week. No messing around. 54 degree surface temp.     Cheers 

• Like 6

Dont call me the Bass Slayer for nothin LOL  But really caught this 10 plus+ while crappie fishing at Rosy on the 8th on a crank bait trolling. Crappie are biting but you have to locate them first., Thats the hard part.

IMG_0493.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, BassSlayer said:

Dont call me the Bass Slayer for nothin LOL  But really caught this 10 plus+ while crappie fishing at Rosy on the 8th on a crank bait trolling. Crappie are biting but you have to locate them first., Thats the hard part.

IMG_0493.JPG

Awesome. Only fished that lake once back in the 80's and caught Cats. Might have to look into a guide and catch some Bass and Crappie this year.

I didnt have a weight scale on my small boat so I couldn't get a weight . But luckily it has a stick on length scale on the boat. She was 26" long and yes I let it go back after getting some pictures. Water temp was 54 degrees so she was a little lethargic and only fought just before being netted. also caught 15 crappie that day. See you guys on the the water!!

• Like 2