Big Tub

WOW talk about fee increases

The news was posted with no comments allowed but here it is:

Long read.  They claim to be recovering costs expended but I would say they are trying to discourage participation.  The fees I am concerned about are those involved in bird dog training, bird raising, and field trials:  WOW WHAT AN INCREASE:  

"Increase the fee for the Game Bird Field Trial License to $45. Currently, the fee for this license is $6. Establish a $95 fee for the Game Bird Field Training License; require a fee of $45 for the renewal of the Game Bird Field Training License. Currently, this license is issued at no charge. Increase the fee for the Game Bird Hobby License to $80; require a fee of $40 for the renewal of the Game Bird Hobby License. Currently, the fee for this license is $5"

Lots of other changes involved in this proposal but that parts hurts.  Perhaps the bureaucracy problems are the reason for the audit findings.  I know up north, I was told you don't even need these bird permits but in S AZ it is all the rage.  

COMMENTS?

• Confused 1
  • Wow! 1

I agree John. When I was running my dogs I was paying $40 per dog per brace in NSTRA. I don’t think it will be too big of a deal for the trials, but it dont surprise me either. My guess is trialers will be paying more to run their dogs if this goes through. What this will hurt is guys like us that want to raise game birds legally.