Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Snake Quiz

Missed 1 question but shoulda, coulda woulda got partial credit

19 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Growing up in southern New Mexico.....there is no way in heal AZ has more snakes than New Mexico :) 

That was a trick question, poorly phrased. The correct answer was number of species not number of snakes.

Got this one right but read it wrong. Was wondering what intern would get snake counting duty! 
They meant number of species not individual snakes.

This proves the adage, better to be lucky than good....sometimes. 

BTW, this is my 100th post. Do I get a medal?

Hope it brought you some joy.

4BD8974D-9BAC-45CA-8856-43482BCC7075.png

6 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

One wrong here. I blew the age thingie by guessing 11. 

Only way to tell a snakes age is kill it and cut it in half and count the rings.. Or just kill it and walk away. Sorry snake lovers!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jdown said:

Only way to tell a snakes age is kill it and cut it in half and count the rings.. Or just kill it and walk away. Sorry snake lovers!

Geez, I didn't even realize they wore rings! 

jungle_man.gif.cbe33fcf7445f77aeee3bfc8d27a0664.gif

• Haha 1

Quiz is flawed. I am going to petition the AZGF commission for 100% on my score. 11 segments in no way represents 11 years of age and the "hard to tell" answer should be "impossible to tell" with the information provided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

Quiz is flawed. I am going to petition the AZGF commission for 100% on my score. 11 segments in no way represents 11 years of age and the "hard to tell" answer should be "impossible to tell" with the information provided.

It’s not flawed but incorrect. I got the question right by answering “hard to tell”. You can’t age the snake by number of segments. They add one every time they shed and can shed multiple times a year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arizona Griz said:

It’s not flawed but incorrect. I got the question right by answering “hard to tell”. You can’t age the snake by number of segments. They add one every time they shed and can shed multiple times a year.

I only chose "Hard to tell" and only got it partially correct. (reason for my post)

The test showed I missed 1 of the correct answers by not checking "11 years old" in addition to the "Hard to tell" as it was a multi part answer.  

All for fun anyhow, not like they messed up on a pregnancy test for on ex-girlfriend or anything... 

Rattlesnake.jpg

• Like 1