Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter-tw

Armslist BS

Armslist has now decided to charge a monthly fee to contact sellers or create listings. I think its BS, guess I wont be using it anymore, where else does everyone go? besides here obviously

43 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

No big loss. There is nothing on there worth contacting the sellers about with the prices those people ask. It is insane! Why spend 150% on a used firearm when you can get a new one?

This is True, every once in a while somebody sells something reasonably priced... but oh well, not worth it.

I have zero problem paying to play.  Life can't be free forever.  I have found some good deals there (like today) over the past 2-3 years, but it's a buyer beware market just like clist.

Also, keep in mind, anti-gunners are gunning (ironic, isn't it?) for anything (like armslist) connected to your 2A rights.  It goes away, so do some of your 2A rights.

Eddie 

just reuse your old ads and no need to pay.  There are gems on there from time to time, but like all panic times, all prices are crazy anywhere you look.  

16 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Armslist has now decided to charge a monthly fee to contact sellers or create listings. I think its BS, guess I wont be using it anymore, where else does everyone go? besides here obviously

They must have lost a substantial amount of advertisers, or, like everyone else, got very greedy.

I looked into this some more.  While I still am okay with my pay-to-play comments earlier, they seem to have made some bad decisions IMO in their implementation.

For example, there is a hefty premium (~80%) for paying with a CC.   Also, there is no yearly personal membership available.  I could go on with more around these, but I'm tired and it is late.

These two items alone will keep me from joining so much so that I do not need to read the entire FAQ.

Eddie

Even though most people use to say backpage sucked everone misses it now

There is nothing on the internet that comes close to backpage now

• Like 2

I contacted them and told them $3.99 was ridiculous, if sellers put their phone number in add, buyer wouldn't have to pay $3.99 fee to buy

1 hour ago, rugermack said:

I contacted them and told them $3.99 was ridiculous, if sellers put their phone number in add, buyer wouldn't have to pay $3.99 fee to buy

Thats 3.99 if you link a bank account; 6.99 if you use credit card. I thought the same thing, but I doubt many people will pay the monthly charge to list. It will only be premium vendors so the benefit of going through armslist (no tax or ffl transfer if local) is void.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/14/1/free-classifieds

Really good site. Tends to be on the higher end type firearms. Lot of good people there and for the largest part haven't seen any scum bags on there and haven't had any dealings with any yet and have bought several firearms, mags, and gear off there. Totally free and no minimum posts required to view pics like rokslide or other sites. Shipping is about a must if you're selling and most people include shipping costs in their ads. Good luck and enjoy.