Born and raised in Elgin and Sonoita, started huntin pigs and deer at the legal hhunting age, I still hunt the same place I grew up hunting

I grew up in Holbbrook and spent alot of time hunting deer, elk and coyotes with my dad in 4A and 4B. I spend most of my time hunting coues and varmits now. I'm still trying to get a big coues to hang on my wall next to my mule deer.

I love all of the memories that were created from thise times with my dad and I. Now I have a son and have been taking him out since you was old enough to go. (Well,,,, since my wife would let him go) I hope that one day my son will do the same with his kids.

Brent

born in casa grande 1981 moved to tucson in 86. my dads family lives in san manuel so i grew up huntin pigs, deer and quail in 33. used to take pigs out of what is now oracle state park like clockwork and back when mule deer still existed we would switch everyother year mulie, coues, muley, coues. but since about age 12 its been whitetail or bust. my dad, uncle, and grandpa even took duane adams on some of his first hunts( of course they dont take any credit for his success seeing how he turned into quite the hunter but this was their highschool days). then one day i tripped on the san pedro trickle and stood up in a whole new world........32! oh and us desert boys made our selves at home in the woods many years ago too taking 10 bulls outa 27 and 7e over the years.

I spent the first nine years plus a lil bit, off of Broadway and Swan in Tucson. Grew up shooting the bows in the back yard at hay. I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't have approved, but that is why we had slats in the chain link fence. Started out shooting Tweety and Bugs in 34B. Grew up following dad around the hills with his bow from about the time I could walk. I remember one dad was stalking some deer and I decided to take a nap, wearing a BDU shirt that was as long as I was. Made him worry a bit. We also spent time in 34A, 36A, and 36B. When I was little the hills off of I 10 in 34B were decent, so that was the place I got to tag along most.

At 10, I had quite the intro to hunting shot my first coues, about 85 inches in 34A. My first Javelina in 36A, both were with the Ruger model 77 in .243.

Of course by 10 we had moved in to the greater 27/28 area of Morenci/Clifton. Never really could get into hunting deer in either unit, stuck with where I had grown up. In the closing months of 15, I did shoot a old black boar in 27, Game and Fish told me he was 13. Only problem was he took one to the skull so no B&C 19" even with the damage.

Somewhere in there managed to kill a couple elk out of 27 as well.

Lets see if old Scotty Adams can remember me from my lil stories. He was the one who introduced me and pops to hunting bear in Unit 27.

Came from a non hunting family, but did have an uncle who would take me on his dove hunts to shag birds- got a little taste of hunting- Moved to Phoenix in '69- some firends I worked with talked me into applying for deer and elk in '73 -I didn't even have a rifle - that year I got my first mule deer 4X2 in unit 22 and first cow elk in 4A- beginners luck- I have been pretty sucessful- I also bow hunt- after all that time, this is my first Coues hunt- 36B last weekend in Nov- and I'm pumped! This a great site- good advice and good company!

Grew up in Mammoth, so nothing better than unit 32 . I remember going up to Mercers before they closed it down, meeting my pops up there cuz he had already been up there since 3 days before the hunt. I will never forget those times

I grew up here "Globe" but most of my childhood hunting was done in unit 29 chasing muleys. Have some really good memories from down there, of course this was way before all the homeland security issues and illegals infesting the southern part of the state. Now the majority of hunting is done in 24a and 23, deer, small game (squirrels being my favorite to chase) predators, and yes of course coues whitetail.

My very first hunting experiences were In 24B were I took my first javelina archery.I can remember Like it was yesterday. My brother spotted these pigs eating about 250 yrd away on another mountain side checked the wind and the creep was on. took this javelina at 30 yrds i remember i was so excited I could barley put an arrow on the string! haha. since then i have been hunting that unit for around 13yrs, half my life. ive taken 7 pigs in this unit also mule deer and coyotes that unit I love. But as this state gets more and more populated the lands get smaller and smaller with houses and people. What can ya do??

I grew up in Wickenburg and still live there. Grew up killing everything with my bb gun until my dad taught me the lesson that I could only shoot what was in season and I had to eat what I shot. My dad used to bring us to Big Lake, Az. every summer to go trout fishing and camp for about a week. I still try to go every summer. My first big game hunting experience was a 20C juniors only hunt. I shot a real nice mule deer buck on opening evening of the hunt. Ever since then I've been hooked. since then I've killed two more mule deer, one in 20B and the other my biggest yet in 12A west. I've only been drawn for bull elk once and I shot a nice 4x5 bull. I'm still young (22) so I still have lots of hunting left to do. This year I'm going for a coues deer.

I grew up in Lake Havasu. Well I never actually grew up, but that is where we moved in 1968, when I was 8 years old. We hunted in the Hualapai Mountains above Kingman. My First hunt was when I was 10. I ordered my Bear bow from a catalog with my own money. I could barely pull it back but I did. I remember a Game warden stopping us and he inspected my bow because he didn't think it was legal, but it did have a 40# stamped on it. Then he asked me to pull it back. I got it most of the way, he smiled and left.

My dad and I headed up the biggest mountain, we called it buck mountain. As we crested the top we ran into a heard of about 10 bucks. I was so blown away that I never shot, but my dad did but missed.

As we sat down to eat lunch, I thought about the all the Deer hunting books I read, the O'Conner stories and monster mulies. At that point, it really didn't matter to me if I got a deer or not. I was living the old west, archery hunting deer up on that "Buck" mountain. I will never forget that time.

Thank you dad for taking me!

a little town called Superior has been deer season headquarters since wayback... shot me a little spike back when I was 13 in 24b...are hunt'n party had about 10 guys in it and I was the only tagout that weekend...some of them dudes were pissed :P ....(hehehe) and yes it was a cousy....