azbirdhunter88

WTB 1911’s

16 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Just like how they feel and shoot. How many does one man need? 

At a minimum a dozen

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/28/2020 at 4:29 AM, azbirdhunter88 said:

Just like how they feel and shoot. How many does one man need? 

I've shot lots of pistols over the years, and I keep coming back to my 1911s.  I had three for a long time and I kept telling my wife I need one more so that each of us in the family has one of their own.  "Why do we each need our own 1911?"  "Zombie apocolypse!"  "Good point".

Our NWTF chapter up here in Flagstaff recently gifted me an NWTF commemorative 1911 for all of my work running our chapter.  I now own four 1911s!  YESS!!!

• Like 3

Way back in 1974 I received a Colt Gold Cup pre-series 70 National Match as payment for spending a hot summer digging up and replacing sewer lines…I worked my 14 year old butt off to earn that 1st 1911 and still have it in my safe today… I'm not sure when a person would have enough 1911s but I've got 4 and am always looking for the next one… lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I first bought a Kimber and loved it. Now want more. 

If your pockets are deep enough, you are serious and you want to take the plunge to the next level this is a good jumping off point.

https://www.lesbaer.com/

8 hours ago, drcarr said:

Way back in 1974 I received a Colt Gold Cup pre-series 70 National Match as payment for spending a hot summer digging up and replacing sewer lines…I worked my 14 year old butt off to earn that 1st 1911 and still have it in my safe today… I'm not sure when a person would have enough 1911s but I've got 4 and am always looking for the next one… lol

My 1st 1911 was a series 70 gold cup NM in 9mm got it in 1982 got rid of it in 1982 cause I shot like crap. I ended up trading it to a buddy for a security 6 .357 mag 6" barrel. we were shooting one day and I said you wanna trade he was like heck ya. I shot his .357 and always hit what I was aiming at out to 50 yards, at 100 I could pop 4 out of 6 antifreeze jugs. the 9mm gold cup I couldnt hit paper at 25 yards. he had no issues.  one of the worse trades I ever made, and I regretted it ever since.

I have a para p-14 older one since the early 90's shot it maybe 3 times up until last year then started shooting it alot. I can hit what I am aiming at and love the pistol but still preferr a Revolver. dont get me wrong I love 1911's and I have a few I want to get still kimber another early gold cup the  ruger  and a spingfield and and maybe one of those nice race guns.  i'm not a pistol guy.

• Like 2