Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Swarovski Customer Service

I bought a set of Swaro SLC 15x56 HD in February.  Since I had no spring hunts, they went right into the safe.

Fast forward 6 months, and I threw them in my optics bag for a ride out to NM for our antelope hunt.  We got out there the day before our hunt started, and I finally, excitedly, put them on the tripod....

No matter what I tried, I could not get a single image.  Everything was double, and messing with my eyes badly.  Very disappointed, Input them away for the rest of the trip.  And out of my thoughts until 3 weeks ago.

I have an elk hunt coming up for my son-in-law, so I figured I better get them looked at.  Emailed Swarovski USA about 8:00PM with photos of the receipt, box, serial #, etc. and explained the issue and my upcoming hunt schedule. 

They responded early the next morning, and sent me an RMA # for repair.  I boxed up the binos, including copies of the email, receipt, photos, etc. and sent them off 2 weeks ago.  I was told 6-8 weeks for them to even look at them, then a determination of repair, and then repair and ship back.

A week ago, I got an email stating my optics were being inspected.  The next day, another email stating my binos would be covered under warranty.  3 days ago, a tracking number for a package.  Yesterday, I got the binos in the mail!  To me, I am not sure if they are a brand new pair, or my 15s.  But I really don't care.

I promptly took them out, put them on my tripod, and Violá, perfect image!  

Big thank you to Swarovski USA for quickly taking care of their customer. 

• Like 8

It works like that sometimes. Mine took a few weeks and 200 bucks. They were 10 years old and needed  a couple lenses.  Best of luck on the elk hunt.

• Like 1

That is great to hear.  I hope I have the same experience with mine.  I am sending them in as soon as my elk hunt is over.  They don't seem to be as crisp as they used to be.  Although maybe it might be a bit my old eyes fault. :)

• Haha 2

I just got mine back yesterday for the same thing. But I know I knocked them over on to the tile in my living room. They fixed it for free I paid for the expedited service 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

It works like that sometimes. Mine took a few weeks and 200 bucks. They were 10 years old and needed  a couple lenses.  Best of luck on the elk hunt.

Get all 4 lenses replaced and they send you new binos I heard. 

They were so quick because they knew they were dealing with Lance "Badass" Kenyon!

I've never had to send anything back (yet), but I've never had anything but good experience with their customer service on other issues.

• Haha 2

Sent a scope off to leupold a few weeks ago (see my post about crossing ups off the list). They told me to expect 6-8 weeks for repair. I bought a replacement scope from cameraland and it literally arrived at the exact same time from the same carrier as my repaired scope. From the day i dropped it off at fedex until the time it was back in my hands was a little over a week. Now i have two identical scopes. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Sent a scope off to leupold a few weeks ago (see my post about crossing ups off the list). They told me to expect 6-8 weeks for repair. I bought a replacement scope from cameraland and it literally arrived at the exact same time from the same carrier as my repaired scope. From the day i dropped it off at fedex until the time it was back in my hands was a little over a week. Now i have two identical scopes. 

I believe that's the Universe telling you that you need a new rifle!

• Like 3