Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Vacation done.

Got home at 1:00am today from a 28 day 16 State trip with Girlfriend. Saw Friends and family all over the Country. Big Cities and Hillbilly towns in the South Good time. Got some Great pictures of Fall colors in Pennsylvania. Went to PA . to see Girlfriends best friend She and I both Grew up with as tiny kids, She is battling brain Cancer. Kinda Sad. Saw many old Friends and relatives all over the Country. Saw my Youngest son 28 in Ill. that I haven't seen in 5 + years. Stopped in Cinncinati at a nieces house that had no Idea I was coming,, and just rang her doorbell . She was shocked. We are Blessed to have the warm Weather we have. I only saw warmth in Atlanta for 2 days then got cold as we left. Blue plastic covered roofs along the Gulf in Beaumont Texas and other areas and alot of destruction and bad from Hurricane Sally ,then they got it again yesterday.  Got to visit My Dads grave for first time since He passed 18 months ago. next to moms.. That was touching. Saw them starting to tear down my 100+ year old red Brick Junior high School 1 block fro where I grew up and played Basketball 12 hours a day for many years. That hurt. I guess when You get older like Me you will see change from Your child hood. Will post some pics when I get with it !  Thanks for reading all . Did I miss anything here?.........................BOB!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

Got home at 1:00am today from a 28 day 16 State trip with Girlfriend. Saw Friends and family all over the Country. Big Cities and Hillbilly towns in the South Good time. Got some Great pictures of Fall colors in Pennsylvania. Went to PA . to see Girlfriends best friend She and I both Grew up with as tiny kids, She is battling brain Cancer. Kinda Sad. Saw many old Friends and relatives all over the Country. Saw my Youngest son 28 in Ill. that I haven't seen in 5 + years. Stopped in Cinncinati at a nieces house that had no Idea I was coming,, and just rang her doorbell . She was shocked. We are Blessed to have the warm Weather we have. I only saw warmth in Atlanta for 2 days then got cold as we left. Blue plastic covered roofs along the Gulf in Beaumont Texas and other areas and alot of destruction and bad from Hurricane Sally ,then they got it again yesterday.  Got to visit My Dads grave for first time since He passed 18 months ago. next to moms.. That was touching. Saw them starting to tear down my 100+ year old red Brick Junior high School 1 block fro where I grew up and played Basketball 12 hours a day for many years. That hurt. I guess when You get older like Me you will see change from Your child hood. Will post some pics when I get with it !  Thanks for reading all . Did I miss anything here?.........................BOB!

I love a good Road Trip. My brother in South Louisiana had some 130MPH winds at his place and still has no power. A few miles away in the town of Golden Meadow (AKA Golden Meda) power poles are down all over and lots of damage.

One of the tide buoys out in the Gulf registered a 50'er.

• Like 1

I tried everything to get these pictures turned and can not figure it out . They were not crooked in my album.  My Son in Illinois, Trees and Lake Erie., My 100 year old School a block from where I grew up. and a Courthouse in Texas,  and a few more . Maybee some one can staighten them I couldn't log in on my phone deither. Sorry Guys..............BOB!

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

• Like 5

Forgot the snow outside the motel room we looked at in west Texas Wednesday Morning..........................BOB!

Bob, hold your phone sideways for pics, when you hold it vertical the pics come out sideways when you load them.

• Like 1

One of the best parts of the trip was the Italian food in Erie. 11 straight days of eating it  .She has some relatives that can cook. Gained 10 pounds but worth. it. The resturuants were pretty good too.......................BOB!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Sounds like a great trip. 

It was a great trip. 28 days on the road. Saw old lifelong Friends and relatives and some country I haven't seen before. Got to see a Son I haven't seen in over 5 years. , put flowers on Moms Grave on the 5 year anniversry of Her death. Got to Travel with a Beautiful Women I have known since I was 5 years old and went to School with for 13 years, Old childhood  Neighbor Who has lived in Phoenix almost as long as I have. , 43 years for Me. Saw my last living uncle too. After being married 35 years it was fun being with some one different. We been hanging out for 5 months now and its just like the old Days. Her Birthday tommorow too. Still tired from the trip. Getting old and don't know it ,LOL. I will know it next week on my Muley hunt. The old School getting torn down is pissing everybody off back there.  Its a Liberal run town and School board too and the are out of funds. I am really bummed .I grew up a Block away , played all sports on the fields there and to me most important was the outside basketball courts got torn down 15 years ago. Thats where I spent 12 hours a day for 5 years polishing my game as a kid and young teenager. kept  a lot of kids out of trouble, what are they doing now? And a Big baseball stadium out back of the school where it was minor leauge teams played for 80 years including Babe Ruth. Don't know if they are tearing the Stadium down or not ,but it won't be the same without the 80 foot tall Red Brick wall in right and center field. ..The good ole days and memories. Thanks all for reading .I will post some Stadium picteres when I get time to gethem off my phone and on to the computuer..........................BOB!

5 minutes ago, NYAZHunter said:

Bob, glad you had a great trip. 

Thanks Jim, I know You love Your trips back there . Hope You are doing well ! I will have to call You. ......................BOB!

• Like 1