Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Hunt Camp 2020

Had a nice trip with my wife and some random visitors of friends like Edge, and my buddy Brian who scouted with me all summer. I posted a bunch of trail cam photos earlier and had a bunch more after.  We put a lot of effort into a few areas and had some good bucks on a decent pattern. Well as figured the bucks didn’t play well when the time came for live fire. All the same we had a good time with games , food, mule riding, hiking, and had 2 chances at young deer but stuck to the plan. Edge has this last evening so wish him luck. Elk chili with Fritos is Awsome. Monday we had hail and snow and had to boil water to keep the mules watered. What a major bummer we couldn’t run the wood stove, man I hope we get some moisture soon. These dang Arizona deer are kicking my butt. 

866CDC6E-06A7-4465-9C05-16A782D5A5D1.jpeg

01606FDF-682E-458B-A4F3-3F7A55788DA4.jpeg

7750BBEA-EE25-4879-819D-46A1B55AA031.jpeg

3BC1C229-DC5C-4C3B-9091-2CB1AC628AF4.jpeg

69D2584D-308F-48E5-A6B1-27F7B4D24B0C.jpeg

A04ED6D0-EEF0-4BB0-A5A2-445843D11D0B.jpeg

7BE8FA79-7FB6-4010-847C-A3D5AC3FB641.jpeg

• Like 15

Ya I forget sometimes until we go back through old photos or sit around a camp fire, That dog has seen most of the wilderness areas in this state and maybe half of the Arizona Trail.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oz31p said:

I hope edge finished strong 

Thanks bro.

Given the circumstances, twas a good hunt. Plenty of bald headed lady cirvidea, up to 50 a day sneered back at me from as little as 30 yards away. Lots of stunning nature to enjoy.

But the boys went total nocturnal. Due to the immence hunting pressure and bright moon the bucks mainly hunkered down in this little hole called Sycamore.

It's been decades since I've participated in a hunt with so many roads, ATVs and muzzleloaders kicking up dust, I'm still hacking up mud.

But hey, I lost 9 pounds this hunt (despite generous helpings of Mikes elk chili), survived a freezing AZ dust bowl and kept my powder dry.

I got a new bow and ready to chase more deer and elk in the weeks ahead.

• Like 4

Oh and an honorable mention to Edge for the only thing I asked of him, dropped 2,,,,15 gallon water jugs for him to haul in and he shows up with 140 gallons total so it was wild shower parties and fresh water for the mules. Toilet flushed smoothe all week

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Oh and an honorable mention to Edge for the only thing I asked of him, dropped 2,,,,15 gallon water jugs for him to haul in and he shows up with 140 gallons total so it was wild shower parties and fresh water for the mules. Toilet flushed smoothe all week

Just for the record I was neither invited to or did attend any shower party's. I did however give some parched oaks a good drink before departing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Edge said:

Just for the record I was neither invited to or did attend any shower party's. I did however give some parched oaks a good drink before departing.

Ya right 

36 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Ya right 

Lol true. heck this is the first I even heard of roasted chicken.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Edge said:

Lol true. heck this is the first I even heard of roasted chicken.

So you roll into camp in the dark and we feed you a nice hot roasted chicken dinner and you don’t remember!!! I’ll keep that in mind and give it to the dog next time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

So you roll into camp in the dark and we feed you a nice hot roasted chicken dinner and you don’t remember!!! I’ll keep that in mind and give it to the dog next time 

Ooops, I remember now. Hehehe and roasted veggies too.

Be nice to seniors or I'll crap in your blind....oh.