azviking

christensen arms 7mag optics?

just bought a christensen arms 7mag looking for optics opinions.i kno I know vortex vortex.I started liking luepold lately have spotter,big binos

Any certain one that get people excited trying to stay under a grand with mounts.have to sell another rifle to fund it

Thanks

Check out Red Hawk Rifles. They often sell demos for a good price, like new condition. Last year I picked up a Zeiss V4 4-16x50, illuminated reticle for $800. Looks brand new. I put it on my new CA Ridgeline...love it!

• Like 1

The meopte optika 6 scopes are supposed to be a great bang for the buck. I personally have a couple burris veracity 3x15x50 scopes that I really like and are worth a look. 

If you will be turning turrets, based on these results, one might avoid Leupold, all Vortex except the Razor, IOR.  SWFA has a good rep, but none were listed on the test.

https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/scope-tracking-test-results-2020/

Under $1k, you might look at the SWFA, Tract Toric, Bushnell LRHS/LRTS, Nightforce SHV

My vote is sightron .  They are great scopes with good glass and trac well.  Well used in bench rest community and I have one on my 300ultra and love it.  I used to be leupold guy and still own them but from here on out it’s sightron for me! 

I have the 8x32x56 Siii with Moa ret.  This is at 32 power before good light at 6:45 in morning at 605yrds. 

48F47D4F-14BF-4453-B89D-12A92AF53C0E.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nighthawk said:

I have the 8x32x56 Siii with Moa ret.  This is at 32 power before good light at 6:45 in morning at 605yrds. 

48F47D4F-14BF-4453-B89D-12A92AF53C0E.jpeg

Nice 👌 I will look into thanks

Being honest though 32 power is a little much for hunting rifle but I do use it as my spotter lol.  .  The 24 would be perfect .  For perspective this is threw 15x56 swaro’s.   To be fair I don’t have phone scope just holding against the scope/binos

9C449509-73BF-4D92-95B5-66239B929598.jpeg

21 hours ago, cannonball said:

i got a Steiner GS3 4-20x50 with traditional reticle for 650 from CameraLandNY for my .270; and a Trijicon Credo HX 4-16x50mm for 950 from DVOR for my .300

Will check thanks