Sign in to follow this  
Hammnit

Early Kaibab Rifle Reports???

Looks to be plenty of snow still around. And in case anyone is wondering the 22 road is still closed, right at 422A. Looks like that is where we are camping for the night.

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Looks to be plenty of snow still around. And in case anyone is wondering the 22 road is still closed, right at 422A. Looks like that is where we are camping for the night.

Dang. Email I got from g&f said it’s now open. So does forest service just expect 75 camps to hang out at the gate until midnight of the opener?  So instead they’ll have 150+ trucks going over top on the snowpack roads Hauling trailers to get to west side, but they claim to 22 road is closed because it’s a hazard. Bunch of idiots running the show. 
keep us updated if they open it, I’m headed there Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

2 minutes ago, Hatchet Jack said:

Dang. Email I got from g&f said it’s now open. So does forest service just expect 75 camps to hang out at the gate until midnight of the opener?  So instead they’ll have 150+ trucks going over top on the snowpack roads Hauling trailers to get to west side, but they claim to 22 road is closed because it’s a hazard. Bunch of idiots running the show. 
keep us updated if they open it, I’m headed there Wednesday. 

The old 22 road is still closed bit. I see you 

Wish it was a trick. I wouldn’t have been stuck with a travel trailer in the middle of the road in the dark.

I can tell you plenty of people were going around the barricades. But given recent history that’s a dicey proposition 

58 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Wish it was a trick. I wouldn’t have been stuck with a travel trailer in the middle of the road in the dark.

I can tell you plenty of people were going around the barricades. But given recent history that’s a dicey proposition 

How are the roads? Heading up later this week as well.

54 minutes ago, Millhouse said:

That stinks.  How much snow was still on the ground?  

Patches down low. Several inches on top of the plateau 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Spot said:

How are the roads? Heading up later this week as well.

Fine

51 minutes ago, Millhouse said:

Thanks for the info. Are you guys heading up tonight?  I will be heading up tomorrow morning.  

We set camp last weekend so we are headed out Thursday after school.