Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

6a Halloween Buck

Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted on here for a bit as my work and family life has picked up. I haven't been draw for a rifle hunt in about 5 years or so but have been helping out Tom Wagner on some veteran hunts. I finally got drawn and it was our second choice 6a mule deer. On the second day just at opening light I was able to harvest this magnificent buck for the unit. The weather being so dry we knew some good bucks had been hitting this water source as it was the only water around. I caught him moving from water to his bed and at about 175 yards I dropped him in his tracks. 

PXL_20201031_135813986.jpg

PXL_20201031_135057166.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20201031_133935459.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 18
  • Great Buck! 1

Handsome deer.  Neck shot at 175 yds. with lightweight sporting rifle and scope.  Good shooting.  No ruined meat.  What caliber and load?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Handsome deer.  Neck shot at 175 yds. with lightweight sporting rifle and scope.  Good shooting.  No ruined meat.  What caliber and load?  

That was the 2nd shot. The first shot was the good old texas heart shot and broke his back. He was heading up the hill and didn't see me getting another chance. 7mm mag that I won as a door prize a few years back. Shooting remington balstic tip ammo I think.  I'm not even sure if they make it any more but I loved the ammo and bought like 10 boxes. 

Nice buck, congrats to you!

• Like 1

Yep, that buck ROCKS!  And thanks for helping with the veterans' hunts.  Good Karma!

• Like 1