Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

$$$ REDUCED Signed 1985 edition -- BOWHUNTING IN ARIZONA

This UNREAD, like-new copy of BOWHUNTING IN ARIZONA is the 2nd edition, printed in 1985. It is signed by editors Tom Dalrymple & Larry Derksen.

$50$40

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Can be picked up near 67th Ave. & Camelback in Glendale or shipped at buyer's expense.

2nd%20edition%201985.jpg?crc=423714117

TM List

• Like 2

I met them at Bass Pro several times for Bass Pro night. Great guys. It's supposed to be a really good book.

16 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

I met them at Bass Pro several times for Bass Pro night. Great guys. It's supposed to be a really good book.

It's been many years since I had contact with either of them. Not sure if they are even still around. Tom was quite instrumental in promoting bowhunting in AZ. I might be wrong, but I think he was one of the founders of the AZ Bowhunting Assoc.  Larry was big into real estate. 

That's what I understood. He (Tom) was having difficulty getting around. Been a couple of years now, before the Bass Pro and Cabela's purchase and combining.

This worries me that you are liquidating all this stuff.  Did I miss any disconcerting news?

btw:  who is #149th on the javelina?

btw2:  is the Dalrymple living in the Tucson Mts that scores B&C his son or related?

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

This worries me that you are liquidating all this stuff.  Did I miss any disconcerting news?

btw2:  is the Dalrymple living in the Tucson Mts that scores B&C his son or related?

As You get older and don't have anyone to pass these books onto ,ya may as well sell em. I am only 64 but quit buying and collect hunting books like these and Arizona wildlife trophy's.  I have 2 sons that dont' hunt and they don't mean anything to me anymore............BOB!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big Tub said:

The only disconcerting news is that my hunting and fishing days are done. I'll be 79 in a few days and will likely not see another presidential election, given my medical issues. As for the liquidation of many years of buying, hoarding, collecting and receiving, it's the best way for me to bequeath to my three kids; splitting cash three ways is a lot easier than trying to decide who gets what tangible asset. 

Phil Dalrymple is Tom's son. So if he lives in the Tucson Mts., that's him. 😉

• Like 3

The end is inevitable.  79 is a good run and I am doubtful of that long for me.   We have three garages full of junk -- one for each kid.  My son says he is just going to burn his.  He is the one that has not given us grandkids so he gets the crappy garage mostly full of my parents old schtuff that we have not dealt with in 25+ years.  None have stuff of significant value.  I figure it is payback for the grief they have caused, for moving away and for never calling us!  Maybe someday we will get organized.  

I enjoy/respect/cogitate over your input and have enjoyed your articles and pictures for decades.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

The end is inevitable.  79 is a good run and I am doubtful of that long for me.   We have three garages full of junk -- one for each kid.  My son says he is just going to burn his.  He is the one that has not given us grandkids so he gets the crappy garage mostly full of my parents old schtuff that we have not dealt with in 25+ years.  None have stuff of significant value.  I figure it is payback for the grief they have caused, for moving away and for never calling us!  Maybe someday we will get organized.  

I enjoy/respect/cogitate over your input and have enjoyed your articles and pictures for decades.  

I have two sons and a daughter. Oldest in his late 50s no longer hunts, and has produced my only natural grandchild -- a girl who is now 23. My youngest son is in mid-50s & an Army vet of 12 years, and he does hunt whenever he gets a chance. He killed a nice bull and a good buck while living in WY two years ago. Now he's back in TX.  He married a TX lady about 20 years ago; she already had three kids, who became my adopted grandkids and are all out of the nest already. My daughter -- also mid-50s -- tho married twice, couldn't have kids because of medical issues. 

As for "stuff," You ain't seen nothing until you visit my place. I have two huge, added-on store rooms attached to my 25'x25' shop, which  is cramed with about every DIY type electric & air power woodworking tool known to man., mechanic tools, welder, etc.  My converted 2-car garage "office" has a huge wall of closets, one with a bookcase, and there are other built-in cabinets on other walls and in a 6'x10' room that was once my darkroom. Add four, legal size, 4-drawer file cabinets, one of which contains a 50-yr. accumulation of my 35mm slides. And then there's all the crap I put up in the attic. If I recall I have three large boxes with dozens of new logo-type baseball hats nested together in them, an accumlation of 50 years or so. 

And thank you for the last comment. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

So what happens if the "Hoarder" crew should show up at our houses???  ;)

Depends on what they come looking for. 😂

I had already gifted a Ruger 77 .270 & a Win. M1400 12 ga. to my oldest many years ago. I  sold off all the rest of my guns to finance trips to Africa and New Zealand in 2003 & 2004 respectively. Now I only have two rifles left -- my trusty M70 .264 and a custom .300 WM that Robar built for me using a M700 action. Those too will soon go up for sale.