Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

270 Sections of State Land SOLD!

With this, the taxes and weed props that just past, this state is now California 

• Like 2

No payments for 8 years...same as cash! Assuming this was state trust land, unfortunately that’s the exact intent of the land. State sells it whenever needed for funding. Still sad to see...we had a similar large section near me sold off last year. Losing some nice dove hunting spots. 

• Like 1

This is the desert just east of my house.  It is approximately 4 square miles out by Meridian and Ray Rd.  My nice quiet neighborhood is going to go away.

The one article is incorrect, saying that the state sold 270 square miles, state sold 2,783 acres which is 4.3 square miles, most of this land is closed to motor vehicle access and hunting because of nearby housing development

A lot of the state land near my house has been sold off also. Sad to see it go. Tens of thousands of homes and duplexes coming soon.

1979686103_Capture_2020-11-06-09-03-02.thumb.png.0152b82d835d91be54f25980e59dfee3.png

Well it looks like the state (AZ) needed much more money for funding its schools. Apparently the bond measures did not bring in enough money. I read that the schools accountability regarding directing funds has been very poor here, hence the need for more funding. I had hoped the state would have kept its taxes down, and they did, but unfortunately like most states that do not have high enough tax levels, this is about the only easy thing to do. Sigh, there goes more close in dove hunting. 

57 minutes ago, AZbowhntr said:

This is the desert just east of my house.  It is approximately 4 square miles out by Meridian and Ray Rd.  My nice quiet neighborhood is going to go away.

I believe your incorrect. This is a different and MUCH larger deal!! The way I understand it it's ALL of the state land in-between mesa-QC and Gold Canyon Plus a bunch more! 

52 minutes ago, stillatmaxpoints said:

The one article is incorrect, saying that the state sold 270 square miles, state sold 2,783 acres which is 4.3 square miles, most of this land is closed to motor vehicle access and hunting because of nearby housing development

Gut Check!!…...there's a lot more ground that got robbed from us than the 4.3 section deal!! 

So a few year ago there was a tax robbing the future earnings on state trust funding and AZ voted that one in, also the 1% tax a while back that had to be passed or police and teachers would have no jobs, then AZ just passed 208 which is more tax for schools and on top of that this deal, As far as I can remember AZ budgets have been pretty good but what the heck is going on with this school funding and taxes. We already pay property tax as well. I'm so confused and tired.

You know this stuff is not new and happens all over our country every year, The one big question I keep thinking that scares the heck out of me is (Where is all of this water coming from????)

The city used to be 20 minute drive for us before we saw a store or gas and now there are houses touching all the way from Surprise to Moristown and more on the way. So how long before my well stops pumping???

17 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

You know this stuff is not new and happens all over our country every year, The one big question I keep thinking that scares the heck out of me is (Where is all of this water coming from????)

The city used to be 20 minute drive for us before we saw a store or gas and now there are houses touching all the way from Surprise to Moristown and more on the way. So how long before my well stops pumping???

Exactly my thoughts!!!!!! No water, no wayno!