Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Kansas 2020

Got into stand at 1pm. Had a doe come in right away. Was quiet till about 4pm when I happened to look behind me which was downwind and seen this guy walking my way. I couldn’t grab my bow off the hook on tree because he was so close. He walked under my tree and started licking it. He then walked away from me and stopped about 20 yards. He was quartered away pretty good but I let it fly. I hit right where I wanted behind the last rib because of the quartering angle. The arrow was deeper in him than the pic shows but started working it’s way out. After gutting I hit lung and heart I found out. He went maybe 40 yards and was found floating in the river. I started using Conquest scents this year and it’s a game changer. I’ve had multiple deer come from behind me and never get busted. I rub their rutting buck stick all over the trees I'm in and it draws them in undetected. Overall he’s a decent buck not a monster. I liked the little extra on him and it just worked out so well. All done with him now and drinking beer and grilling some steaks. Still have a lot of tags left and will be back at it tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

I’m in doe patrol tomorrow. Need to thin them out some. 

Now your just teasing me

• Like 1

Interesting,  seeing tons of dead deer heading back east they always seem to have kind of an orange hide.  But looking at your pics you could have convinced me that you killed a monster coues.  Is That color normal?

Oh, and btw, congrats! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Interesting,  seeing tons of dead deer heading back east they always seem to have kind of an orange hide.  But looking at your pics you could have convinced me that you killed a monster coues.  Is That color normal?

Oh, and btw, congrats! 

Some are just darker than others here I guess. 

You got way more discipline than me, I would’ve missed at least half a dozen deer by now .  

good luck and thanks for sharing!

• Haha 2