muledeerarea33?

Who hear is a leader/boss?

Starting a new position Tuesday running a crew. I’ve always had ideas of how I’d do it but when I was told I actually get to, all those ideas flew away!! Any tips to running a profitable tight ship without being an as$hole?

• Like 2

When you are the boss you need to make sure that friendship is separate from the workplace!!

• Like 9

Accountability is key. Don’t be afraid to have conversations with associates and coach them. If it continues documentation and get HR involved. 

• Like 5

when you have 8 or less guys they work for you.  When you have more than 8 guys you work for them.  compartmentalize and be truthful, transparent and hold everyone accountable the same way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Green Bullet said:

when you have 8 or less guys they work for you.  When you have more than 8 guys you work for them.  compartmentalize and be truthful, transparent and hold everyone accountable the same way.

I’m right on the cusp of that, hoping to have 10-12 soon!

Your only as good as your men, pay everyman what he's worth, don't get caught up in there personal problems.  And you can make it Hurt and be nice at the same time.. Oh ya don't forget where you came from and its lonely at the top.. Goodluck

• Like 2

Learn peoples strengths and weaknesses, and then assign them to the places where they can perform best.  Also, learn when to give someone a second chance, and when to burn someone.  
you can’t control people , so don’t try.  If they are not on your side, send them packing.  
reward good work, and faithfulness.  

• Like 4

Don't ask them to do anything that you wouldn't do.  Each man is different, and each has their own strength and weakness it will be good to know and who on the crew has leadership abilities. 

• Like 4