muledeerarea33?

Who hear is a leader/boss?

Best "boss" we have at work is my supervisors supervisor.

We all respect the helll out of him for a few reasons.

He treats us like adults, not children.

He has our backs, so long as we are 100% honest and legit. Like a dad who will go to battle for his kid no matter what, but will handle business at home. 

He gets down and dirty with us. He doesn't lead by law, he leads by example.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Best "boss" we have at work is my supervisors supervisor.

We all respect the helll out of him for a few reasons.

He treats us like adults, not children.

He has our backs, so long as we are 100% honest and legit. Like a dad who will go to battle for his kid no matter what, but will handle business at home. 

He gets down and dirty with us. He doesn't lead by law, he leads by example.

That’s exactly how I hope to be!! And that’s the guy that I would respect! I’m trying to be that guy now. My hands aren’t clean at the end of the day with this job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Just an update to this. I don’t like leaving things unanswered. I’ve been reading a whole lot less “.new content” here and answering texts less frequently. (Kevin, I’ll find a shotgun for your kids!!) this job has taken over my existence but that’s ok, I welcome the challenge! I’ve used the advice of almost everyone here and so far you guys are not wrong. Thank you to everyone again. Time to get my short sleep now.

Just one huh. Geez...., think of someone but yourself once in awhile creep.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Just one huh. Geez...., think of someone but yourself once in awhile creep.  

I got enough for all 12 of your Amish family, it’s the performance that I’m not sure of.

• Haha 1

I am in a leadership role at my job with one of the larger electrical contractors in the state of AZ. We only do high end work and come well respected. They just recently rolled out a new code of expectations in detail for employees in all levels of the hierarchy in our field. Setting these expectations is very important in order to have a leg to stand on when it comes to keeping your word to your guys, and making sure they keep their word to you. Clearly defining what it is you need from them generally, and then each day, and holding them to it, while being open to them holding you to your role as well. If you care to read through the companies guidelines I can PM them to you for reference. 

• Like 1

Get a Daily Planner. I get mine at Staples, it's 8 1/2 x11 with a full page for everyday of the week. Saturday and Sunday share a page. The first thing I do every day in log in my start time and location at the top of the page. At the end of the day I jot down the time. It helps me keep track of phone calls and what was talked about, things I need to do like order material, meetings, jobwalks etc. Being organized is a really important.

Listen- Be consistent- be who you are to everyone- listen some more- see both perspectives from management and employees- never blame others- Listen some more- give credit when due- Hold accountable when due- Listen some more-Be honest and forthright- Never allow rumors to proceed, and address them even if its tough to do- Always be willing to do the work and help as needed as the lowest employee duties...Plus a bunch more.. :)

Staff only care about money and extra time off. Dont mess with either.