Willflow

U7W Mule

Well I got my buck. It's dry as a bone up there. We didn't see much green for them to eat and thought they may have moved out the juniper. Didn't see many bucks other than a spindly little guy on private land. Saw a buck two mornings in a row near a tank but couldn't get a shot one morning and it was too dark the next to put horns on him. The third morning I went in early in the dark where I figured he was moving to bed. I waited. I started hearing a clack in the dark. Just one. Then again, one. As light came up I spotted a buck, then another and another. I look around and there are 5 bucks. I watch them all for a few minutes identifying the biggest one. I shoot, I miss or think I miss.  They come running right at me. As they come by me less than 7 yards away I pick my target and shoot. Down he goes. I look around as walk toward the truck to meet up with my dad wh was waiting and see blood, ends up I gut shot him.

We really thought with it being so dry the animals would be hurting. He had a ton of fat on him as we skinned him. He had good mass in the antlers too. Would have been a nice 4X4 if wasn't broken but I'm pleased.

We saw 25 Antelope, 2 bulls a cow and calf, and about 63 does. All the animals looked really good and healthy.

I hunted the north side of Sitgreives mnt. This hunt has changed my ideas of how the deer handle the dry and lack of food or our ideas about what they eat. Always learning.

IMG_20201103_071708486.jpg

IMG_20201103_071705106.jpg

• Like 11