Sign in to follow this  
Calebwalter

Frustrated Newbie turned Ecstatic First Timer.

11 hours ago, Calebwalter said:

Well I guess I’m a Certified amateur YouTube butcher now. I’m not sure what my coues weighed, if anyone has an idea please chime in, but I netted 21.4lbs of meat. A5ABDDD1-0EED-49FA-830F-C5FDF219F439.thumb.jpeg.fc0c4a48d51065950742b8043531e8aa.jpeg 

Hope we get some of your luck. Congratulations! Sitting out in 22 hoping to get lucky. Only does so far. 

• Like 1

Congrats! Very nice buck! Way to stick with it. 

I see what part of your frustration might be...you're shooting on the wrong side of the rifle 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Congrats! Very nice buck! Way to stick with it. 

I see what part of your frustration might be...you're shooting on the wrong side of the rifle 😁

I wish it was that simple lol

I have keratoconus and I’m loosing my vision in my right eye. So I’ve had to learn to shoot with the wrong hand haha

I hate the wind.  I wont even say that word when I'm hunting or working.  I'm a painter and the wind can ruin my day trying to mask and spray exteriors.  I refer to it as "the W word, or Mariah, but I wont say it out loud.  We all have our issues and the W word is one of mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

I hate the wind.  I wont even say that word when I'm hunting or working.  I'm a painter and the wind can ruin my day trying to mask and spray exteriors.  I refer to it as "the W word, or Mariah, but I wont say it out loud.  We all have our issues and the W word is one of mine.

I honestly think the wind helped me in that situation. I was talking to Bill and he suggested looking at The non windy side of the hill. He said they deer will crest to the non windy side and keep walking down hill until they are out of the wind. That’s exactly where I found my buck. 

• Like 1

Ya....pretty dang good for your first. Way to stick with it and finish strong....thats the best.

• Like 1