Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Who's willing to share their favorite jerky recipe?

Growing up in pa my very favorite jerky is "wild Bills" back then it was made in Lancaster but theyve been bought out a few times since. Occasionally i will see it for sale in AZ but never consistently.   Dales seasoning marinade tastes very similar so i promised the fam that the latest buck was 100% jerky meat. So we gonna try and recreate wild bills jerky.

If you have a must have favorite recipe please share it with a description and recipe.

Some call it blasphemy but my family really likes jerky from ground meat using a jerky gun...I don’t really have any go-to recipes though. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Some call it blasphemy but my family really likes jerky from ground meat using a jerky gun...I don’t really have any go-to recipes though. Enjoy!

I got a jerky gun, got No problem with that method.  If i recall correctly the grind recipes require double the seasoning.

OK. I'll share with you my favorite family recipe

Hi Mountain Pepper & Garlic. Sweet & Spicy is not bad either. You can purchase at your local Sportsman's😀

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Sweet heat for the win for Jerky. Think wasabi and sweet onion

Pre made?

Still like it old school. Sliced thin, salted and hang to dry. Better when it gets nice, dry and crumbles.  Other than that marinated in teriyaki and beer and again hung and dried

• Like 2

Made some Sandhill Crane jerky, all from the leg meat. The breast meat is for the grill. I just use Hi mountain pepper with the jerky gun. This is by far the best meat for jerky. 

C9933ECE-18C4-4E52-B61E-3A3AEF18DF8E.jpeg

7B834F32-691F-4F34-ACAE-78EF9F966C9E.jpeg

• Like 4

On 11/14/2020 at 12:25 PM, Vowell said:

Made some Sandhill Crane jerky, all from the leg meat. The breast meat is for the grill. I just use Hi mountain pepper with the jerky gun. This is by far the best meat for jerky. 

Breast meat is awesome.

• Like 1