Sign in to follow this  
CouesPursuit

Unbelievable

Super excited reading your story

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 6:36 PM, mattys281 said:

That’s awesome man!  Congrats to both of you.  

We glassed up a lion sitting on top of a rock a few weeks ago on my buddy’s coues hunt, but it was a loooong shot and missed.  

8550ACED-9817-43EE-95FF-EE522EBC856C.thumb.jpeg.c787ff5a666d34b56fbce6cab1ec3d5b.jpeg

cool  pic

Thank you, everyone. I decided to pack out the lion whole because I was keeping all of the head, hide and meat anyway, there really wasn't any weight to shed.

The meat is outstanding. I had lion 3 times within the first 7 days, having only a couple small straps left and all the quarters were processed for burgers and tacos. 

• Like 3

The first time I had lion meat, I was surprised how delicious it was.  I get a lion tag every year in January when I get my archery deer tag.

• Like 1

Great story!  I was glassing on my son's deer hunt a few weeks ago in a place I commonly see some nice bucks and deer, including the day before, when suddenly no deer were to be found that morning.  After about 2 hours of determined glassing I suddenly glassed up a lion, and it hit me why all the deer were gone!  LOL.  Too bad I didn't get a shot, yet!  It's always amazing how quickly hunting turns from dang, boring, nothing into wild adventure in seconds and things change on a dime!

• Thanks 1