Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

SOLD -- Signed -- HUNTING TURKEY IN THE WEST by John Higley

"Hunting Wild Turkey in the West by John Higley will give the turkey hunter an advantage in going after one of the most prized of hunting experiences. As the first of its kind on hunting turkeys in the West, it includes an 11-state round-up, detailing the progress of turkey programs in each state, and offering a list of sources of information. Author John Higley, a recognized turkey hunting expert and one of the nation's most widely published outdoor writers has hunted throughout the West and spent thousands of hours in the field both hunting and researching turkeys. “Hunting Wild Turkey in the West” is the most comprehensive and authoritative source of information available. Seventeen chapters, 154 pages and many B&W photographs in 6x9-inch format, softcover."

My copy, published in 1990, is as-new, never read condition and signed: "Tony, Thanks for your help -- it is appreciated-- John Higley." If I recall, I provided info in regards to AZ & CO. I believe John is still with us, but I'm not positive since I haven't spoke with him in about 15 years. 

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Must be picked up near 67th Ave. & Camelback in Glendale, AZ or shipped at buyer's expense. ($4)

SOLD

higley.jpg.3686c5ae80f062da542218b25b70dc8e.jpg

11 hours ago, WT hunter said:

Good deal lots of good info in that book 

heck of  Turkey Hunter

Not a bad deer hunter either. We hunted together in Iowa for whitetails and had some great company of that time period. -- baseball pros, Jim Eisenreich & Freddie Patek and NFL ex-QBs, Lynn Dickey and Tony Adams.

• Like 1

I have that Book Tony. Very imformative..................BOB!

12 hours ago, naturebob said:

I have that Book Tony. Very imformative..................BOB!

As the ad says, never read. 😂 That said, John did a lot of turkey hunting in many states. I'm guessing he learned a lot. 

Someone on another site bought it as a gift for his son in Idaho.

• Like 1