CatfishKev

Can i rent some crane decoys?

Got 2 youth tags next month.

Would also be interested in borrowing 2 semi auto 12 ga.  I dont even own a shotgum and dont have the funds right now to buy.  

• Like 1

Decoys are a must if you can find where they are landing. I think you can get like 12 silhouette decoys for $100. Pm me if you have any questions on hunting them. There’s a Crane call on Amazon for around $30 that works. 

20 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Decoys are a must if you can find where they are landing. I think you can get like 12 silhouette decoys for $100. Pm me if you have any questions on hunting them. There’s a Crane call on Amazon for around $30 that works. 

Thanks for the response.  $100 seems a good deal.  

You pretty much have to have a blind for this hunt huh?

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Thanks for the response.  $100 seems a good deal.  

You pretty much have to have a blind for this hunt huh?

Just depends on where you are hunting at. But to answer your question, no. 

• Like 1

This a terribly equipment intensive sport.  You may want to contact Josh Gertsch and Nash Clark with Fur2Feathers.  They may cut you a deal seeing that a junior is involved. They are great guys and I am sure they may want to encourage our youth to start hunting.  It can be a really discouraging hunt unless you know what you are doing.  These two guys REALLY know what they are doing.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

This a terribly equipment intensive sport.  You may want to contact Josh Gertsch and Nash Clark with Fur2Feathers.  They may cut you a deal seeing that a junior is involved. They are great guys and I am sure they may want to encourage our youth to start hunting.  It can be a really discouraging hunt unless you know what you are doing.  These two guys REALLY know what they are doing.  

I actually called them, I forget which dude I spoke to But he said he is not guiding at all this year.   

I live in cochise and I can say I have seen more cranes early this year.  Good luck with the hunts

I'd think the cost of the trip to Home Depot and Michael's negates any savings on decoys. I would personally rather have a couple nice decoys instead of a craft project. I understand the DIY tactic. That sort of plan does not always end up on the cheap though.  

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

If I buy any it will be these. Thinking about getting 2 dozen and a call then just rent an out after. Plus I got more kids that will probably get drawn.

Gonna pull trigger on dive bomb decoys. I want 2 dozen, if anyone is thinking about ordering some hit me up.  There's a discount to get 5 dozen.  

• Like 1